D7100 switching from RAW to JPEG in the middle of a shoot

Hey guys,

Twice now I have been shooting and my D-7100 is switching from RAW into Jpeg. The first time it changed to fine and the second time to normal.

I double checked before I started the shoot on Saturday and it was RAW. After about 30 pictures it changed to Jpeg Normal. I didn't notice until picture # 170 that it had changed and I switched it back...

Anybody else ever experienced this?

Thanks,

John

You do not have the FUNC button set to change from RAW to JPEG, by any chance, do you?

I didn't know about this so I pulled out my manual. It shows if I had preset the quality to jpeg, I could push the function button and shoot a series of RAW pictures. I then let go of the function button and I would be back to shooting jpegs. Mine was set for RAW and switched to jpegs without any input from me. The Function button is set from Nikon as DOF preview button.

I was talking to a fellow coworker who shoots Canon and he tells me that happens to him with his D-7 (I think). He says he periodically checks to make sure he is still in RAW...

This is exactly what happened to me, when I started using my D600, after using the D7100.

I would press the QUAL button instead of the ISO alot then scroll the wheel trying to change ISO.
So I would make it a habit once in a while to check the Quality setting via INFO or the top LCD

oops. That's on my d7000 but I find I have the same problem on the d600. I just have to force myself through use of getting used to the button location.

Most reactions

Back