DaPOPO

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
goldshieldphotos.photoreflect.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys,

Twice now I have been shooting and my D-7100 is switching from RAW into Jpeg. The first time it changed to fine and the second time to normal.

I double checked before I started the shoot on Saturday and it was RAW. After about 30 pictures it changed to Jpeg Normal. I didn't notice until picture # 170 that it had changed and I switched it back...

Anybody else ever experienced this?

Thanks,

John

My D7000 did that, and I contacted Nikon. I have never received an answer.

Just today, my D600 did it as well.

If you unknowingly are pressing the Qual button on the rear of the camera and then move the rear command wheel you can inadvertently change the file quality setting in the camera.

If you unknowingly are pressing the Qual button on the rear of the camera and then move the rear command wheel you can inadvertently change the file quality setting in the camera.

And 1/6 second later you reverse the process? :er:

Mine was in a burst of taking photos of a flag fluttering in the wind... NEF NEF NEF, NEF.... NEF....... NEF NEF JPEG NEF NEF NEF........NEF NEF NEF.....

Don't think so.
nope.gif

Thanks for the reply, but I don't believe I did touch the Qual button..

Hey guys,

Twice now I have been shooting and my D-7100 is switching from RAW into Jpeg. The first time it changed to fine and the second time to normal.

I double checked before I started the shoot on Saturday and it was RAW. After about 30 pictures it changed to Jpeg Normal. I didn't notice until picture # 170 that it had changed and I switched it back...

Thanks,

John

You do not have the FUNC button set to change from RAW to JPEG, by any chance, do you?

Hey guys,

Thanks,

John

You do not have the FUNC button set to change from RAW to JPEG, by any chance, do you?

I think the factory default for most Nikons is that the FUNC button is setup that way, to change the image file selection. I changed mine on the D5100 to ISO because I didn't have an ISO button on the back, but that could very well be the culprit in this case.

Hey guys,

Thanks,

John

I think the factory default for most Nikons is that the FUNC button is setup that way, to change the image file selection. I changed mine on the D5100 to ISO because I didn't have an ISO button on the back, but that could very well be the culprit in this case.

Thought it was set to self timer by default? That's the first on the list on functions it can take on, and I think I read it defaults to this somewhere.

Mine was in a burst of taking photos of a flag fluttering in the wind... NEF NEF NEF, NEF.... NEF....... NEF NEF JPEG NEF NEF NEF........NEF NEF NEF.....

Don't think so.
nope.gif

So was it a jpeg from an NEF file, or was it a jpeg with no associated RAW file saved?

Don't think so.
nope.gif

So was it a jpeg from an NEF file, or was it a jpeg with no associated RAW file saved?

No NEF file.

0405, NEF
0406, NEF
0407, NEF
0408, JPEG
0409, NEF
0410, NEF.......

Don't think so.
nope.gif
I speculated based on the info you had posted (#2). You didn't say anything in that post about being in burst mode.

my D5100'S fn button was on timer by default.

I would press the QUAL button instead of the ISO alot then scroll the wheel trying to change ISO.
So I would make it a habit once in a while to check the Quality setting via INFO or the top LCD

oops. That's on my d7000 but I find I have the same problem on the d600. I just have to force myself through use of getting used to the button location.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back