D7100 to D750?

Or do what I did, buy the D750 kit and sell the lens that comes with for some savings. Well, it will be going up for sale once the kit gets in my grubby little hands.

Be a gearslut like me and keep them both. D7100 will make a good backup and if you ever get into wildlife, it is the way to go.

The 7100 does a good job but I'm always envious of the shots I see from full frame cameras. I prefer the Bokeh effects of full frame that they seem to pull of with ease compared to what I can achieve on DX. I also like shooting wide glass and FX seems better for this.

Given the lenses you mentioned, I would probably invest in some better fast lenses if bokeh were my objective. Admittedly format will affect bokeh, but lenses will have a larger affect on if the bokeh is pleasing or not.

I would prefer a bigger buffer than the 7100 has as occasionally it frustrates me.

This is a valid concern and reason to upgrade the d7100.

I love the look of the D750. But it's a lot of cash. I'm in two minds. Do I sell the D7100 and get a D750 or keep the D7100 and get more lenses?

I think you may be better served by building up some quality fast lenses first. That's where you should be spending the majority of your money and is the better investment. It's not so much about the camera, but the light, lenses and who's behind it :)

Great photos can be taken with any camera my favorite example is Benjamin Von Wong's underwater series, these were taken with a D90 (the grandfather of your D7100):

VonWong_Underwater_Tulamben-3 by Von Wong, on Flickr

Most reactions

Back