D7500 built in flash commander mode?

greybeard

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have the D7500 and so far I am very satisfied with it. Just today I was playing around with it and discovered that the built in flash does not support CMD (wireless commander mode). It isn't a big deal for me as I use a SU800 for wireless flash operation but, I think it kind of sucks that Nikon chose to omit this cool feature that is a part of every other series 7000 camera.

Well, I found it but it isn't very well documented in the manual. It is under the shooting menu, Flash control, Wireless flash options.

Reading the camera instruction manual can pay huge dividends.

yeah the dreaded users manual everyone hates to read including me but I do the PDF download seems less painless to me but least read one or the other. it may not be as deep as a D500 but it's deep enough of menu you be missing a lot of things it has and can do but not reading it you be missing out.

Problem is, I can not find anything about CMD mode in the manual anywhere. I have read the manual both paper and online.

Problem is, I can not find anything about CMD mode in the manual anywhere. I have read the manual both paper and online.

Advanced Wireless Lighting....AWL...what a stupid term they now have! Perhaps this will help? I think this is a step in the right direction. Optical AWL

Has a procedure for enabling AWL in the D7500 on-line manual from Nikon's site.

1) Press the M (Y) button to raise the built-in flash.
2) Enable optical AWL. In the photo shooting menu, select Optical AWL for Flash control > Wireless flash options.
3) Select Group flash options.Select Flash control in the photo shooting menu, then highlight Group flash options and press > (right arrow icon shown in illustration).
4) Choose the flash control mode...blah,blah,blah.
5) Set the channel. Set the remote flash units to the channel selected in Step 4
6)Group the remote flash units. ...blah,blah,blah
7)compose
8)shoot the shots

I figured it out . It is under the flash menu-wireless option. They just put it in a different place under a different name and forgot to tell anyone about it lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back