D800 Announced!

No one charges your card until it ships. But, if you don't jump on the list soon, you'll have to wait until everyone who 1) did get on the list and 2) beat you to the punch after those on the list.That is, if you were interested in the first place, of course.Mark
Not to decide on buying one right away, but to decide if I want a d800 or d4 a few years from now on the used market.
Yeah I suspect our elderly D700s will carry us. I'm thinking D3s bodies will be on the cheap too
D700? My d90 will work for years to come! Although a full frame sensor would be nice I can't justify it. Maybe when my girl starts working things may change.

Another who will stick with my D700.
Me as well... If I'm going to shoot a 36Mp sensor, I'll spend a couple of extra dollars and pick up a nice, used Phase One back for my 645AFD.

Gonna need a lot more than a couple extra dollars to pick up a used 30MP+ Phase One back :lol:

I'm on Amazon's list for the D4...I really was hoping to take a nice long vacation this year, damn it!

If anything they will probably discontinue the D3x

OK OK I am starting to get this more now... the D700 will remain as the cheaper low MP FF body, the D800 will be the high res camera to take the place of the D3X and could also be a videographers dream to rival Canons video domination, the D4 is the camera for the true PRO's who need PRO performance. Sports shooters etc...

I really think that's great though, it means that people will not be forced to buy 'USED' if they don't want and it means that if someone has a D700 that dies, they will not have to upgrade to the D800 which is a completely different camera. It also means that I will have the chance in the next couple of years to buy a Brand new D700 and also have a full 2 year UK Nikon warranty.. RESULT! :thumbup:

I think I get it now! State of confusion over..

OK OK I am starting to get this more now... the D700 will remain as the cheaper low MP FF body, the D800 will be the high res camera to take the place of the D3X and could also be a videographers dream to rival Canons video domination, the D4 is the camera for the true PRO's who need PRO performance. Sports shooters etc...

I really think that's great though, it means that people will not be forced to buy 'USED' if they don't want and it means that if someone has a D700 that dies, they will not have to upgrade to the D800 which is a completely different camera. It also means that I will have the chance in the next couple of years to buy a Brand new D700 and also have a full 2 year UK Nikon warranty.. RESULT! :thumbup:

According to Nikon the D800 is for the pro portrait shooter who may want tight crops, D400 is for the one who needs to shoot faster in lower light such as sports...they gave many more examples but both are pro bodies targeting a different crowd.

According to Nikon the D800 is for the pro portrait shooter who may want tight crops, D400 is for the one who needs to shoot faster in lower light such as sports...they gave many more examples but both are pro bodies targeting a different crowd.

You enlightened me 2wheel my old mate, if the D800 is for pro portrait shooters then I get why 36MP is required. I had NO idea Nikon were clasifying this camera as a PRO body, I honestly thought it was the replacement for the D700.
Nikon D800 High Resolution Image Samples .. check these out!! Those portraits are just so sharp they should not be allowed.... :drool: I can see the resolution being beneficial for the 'portrait studio' crowd and the 'landscape tripod' shooters.

You enlightened me 2wheel my old mate, if the D800 is for pro portrait shooters then I get why 36MP is required. I had NO idea Nikon were clasifying this camera as a PRO body, I honestly thought it was the replacement for the D700.
Nikon D800 High Resolution Image Samples .. check these out!! Those portraits are just so sharp they should not be allowed.... :drool: I can see the resolution being beneficial for the 'portrait studio' crowd and the 'landscape tripod' shooters.

But I'm not feeling it for the higher resolution, or the D800 pics being sharper than the D4 or any other cameras with lower resolution.

And not a cheap lens in sight :lol: anyone buying this camera needs to be prepared to spend on lenses

And not a cheap lens in sight :lol: anyone buying this camera needs to be prepared to spend on lenses

Yes, you said it!!! 36MP could outresolve most lenses ever created, especially some of the FX lenses which are known to suffer at the corners more often than not.

Most reactions

Back