D800?

Are you planning to upgrade to the D800 when it finally arrives?

• Total voters
Tempting, I really want a 14-24 so will end up getting a D800 or something used.

Should the value of the D700 fall once the D800 is released? I sure hope so.

Don't care about video, don't need it, just hoping for better DR, high ISO :)

Good luck on no video. The accountants at Nikon are demanding that every DSLR they make from now on be capable of HD video, just so the Best Buy customers don't think that Canon is "better".

The D800 will be 36MP, low FPS and much lower ISO capabilities than the D4.

And, in response to your poll, PDP, I'm not buying the D800. However, I am going to buy a gently used D700 from someone who is! :sexywink:

The Sony A99 will be a better bet for those that do video as well as photography with full time phase detection autofocus and Zeiss lenses.

skieur

Don't care about video, don't need it, just hoping for better DR, high ISO :)

Good luck on no video. The accountants at Nikon are demanding that every DSLR they make from now on be capable of HD video, just so the Best Buy customers don't think that Canon is "better".

And, in response to your poll, PDP, I'm not buying the D800. However, I am going to buy a gently used D700 from someone who is! :sexywink:

The Sony A99 will be a better bet for those that do video as well as photography with full time phase detection autofocus and Zeiss lenses.

skieur

That is only an opinion... and impossible to substantiate. Especially since the D800 is not even out yet, and we have no idea what it's capabilities will be.

If the new stuff is "all that and a must have" my D700 will be a backup body and my D80 will be for sale.

skieur

That is only an opinion... and impossible to substantiate. Especially since the D800 is not even out yet, and we have no idea what it's capabilities will be.

No it isn't. Full time phase detection autofocus is not possible in the D800 unless they copy the Sony A99 technology which is not very likely.

skieur

I was going to.. but ordered a D4 instead! :)
OH, Charlie! I am a bit on the jealous side! LOL!

It should be nice! Of course, who knows when it will be delivered! lol! I also ordered a 85mm 1.4 for it also.. Nikon. Really looking forward to pairing those up! :)

ann said:
I do have a d700 and still have no intention of up grading. Have no interest in video and 36mp reeks of too much pixel density. Something has to go at some point.

Marketing has too much say these days! IMHO

16mp DX sensor has the pixel density same as the 36mp FX if we use the sensor size as a reference.

I was going to... but the rumors seem "reasonably confirmed" that it will be 36 MP... so for the moment I have ordered the D4. If the D800 winds up being significantly different than advertised there is a CHANCE I'll cancel my D4 and go D800.. We'll see.

skieur

No it isn't. Full time phase detection autofocus is not possible in the D800 unless they copy the Sony A99 technology which is not very likely.

skieur

Sorry, is this thread about Sony??? Or are you trolling for a reason Skieur???

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back