D800?

Are you planning to upgrade to the D800 when it finally arrives?

• Total voters
Well I ordered one, good excuse to make the jump to full frame. Cant wait to try it out!

congrats, did you order the filtered or non-filtered flavor?

I opted for the standard version. Would hate to miss out on the life changing shot because there was moire in it.

Naw, from everything I read you can easily edit out the Moire with More editing. :D

i saw a d700 with less than a 10 000 clicks today going for 1700 today on local ads, d700s are deff going down

I am curious why SCraig says he would not want an FX camera in his post. Why not? I currently have a d90 and I am thinking about trading up to the 800

I just hope they come up with a real D700 replacement. I was hoping for the d800 to be in the same market as the d700 to finally start looking in to moving up to FX format. But I like to shoot stuff like motocross and as amazing as the D800 is, for me it's a letdown. I guess I will see what's gonna replace the D300s. I hope they improve the ISO and frame rate. I have never use the video on my DSLR.

The D800 is the D700 replacement according to Scott Kelby, and the only thing not replaced yet is the D300s and the D400 will be announced soon.

I'm not thrilled enough with the D800 yet to trade up from the D700 but that may change after the reviews of people using it

I know the D800 its the replacement. But to me it feel its a different category. like the D3x so i hope they come with D800s kind of like D3s

I'm pretty dissapointed with Nikon. The D4 and D800 are both nice cams in their way, but the D4 isn't as earth shattering as it should be and the D800 is too "nichy". I've been waiting for YEARS to go FF and I'm not about to spend tons of money on old technology, so I'm still pretty close to first in line to get the D4... but I've never spent so much money on something that I wasn't entirely enthused about.

I guess I missed something, what's old tech about the D4?

spacefuzz said:
I guess I missed something, what's old tech about the D4?

Nothing. I meant I'm not gonna buy a d3 or d700.

Some high ISO examples at Blog - Cliff Mautner Photography
3200 ISO at 100% crop
Cliff_Mautner_3200c.jpg

6400 ISO 100% crop
Cliff_Mautner_6400c.jpg

Are there any RAW files? And is there any comparison for D800 in DX mode and D7000? Wanna see how much Nikon has improved in two/three years.

I'd expect comparable results at ISO 3200. 6400 at best from my 12mp D700 so to get such results from 36mp is pretty darn promising. Keep in mind these photos are taken with the best of conditions, lighting but still damn impressive.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back