d90 flash

US $37.20 - Australia

The shipping costs more than the flash it self, ahaha!

great thread, i was wondering what a good flash would be to. but another question. i mostly want the flash to shoot indoors, especially at home because i dont get a lot of sunlight. with these flashes would a diffuser be a smart thing to get? sorry im a noob lol

Diffusers are definitely a great buy, they make the flash not so harsh so to speak.
Though you could always bounce the light. :)

I have the SB-600 and the Diffuser cap that goes over the top of the light. It is great. With the D90, you can set the camera in commander mode and use the light off of your camera and have your camera trigger the off-flash.

Works pretty well.

ok i have a d90 as well but only had it about a week. wth is commander mode?? lol

vinniemac3 said:
ok i have a d90 as well but only had it about a week. wth is commander mode?? lol

fiveoboy01 said:
Commander mode is explained in your owner's manual.

fiveoboy said it...Learn that manual inside and out. This is a good supplement to the manual. FastTrack to Wireless Speedlights

I'm going to have to look a little deeper into these Quantaray PZ-1 flashes. Look like a good option to set up for some wireless/off camera work. Hard to find a whole lot of detail on them. Been googling for a while for info on them.

Anyone know if they will fire from another flash or have experience with setting them up with a radio popper or something along those lines.

If you find any info on them, pm me the link!
I need a few cheap flashes, though I'd rather some info on them first.

As others have said, the manual is your friend. But a quick overview of Commander mode is a setting on the 90 that will allow you to have you 600 off camera to flash. What happens is you use the built in flash to trigger the 600 to go off. There is much more to it than that.

Is there a reason you purchased that perticular flash?
Some Sb-600's go for the price I saw the 7500EDF's at.

When I was in the market for a flash I came across this one on sale and a mail in rebate,,, I got it for some where around 50 bucks off.

I like the flash but really wish i could use the IR to fire it from my D90.

You can fire that off camera right? What is the main disadvantage to getting that instead of say an SB400 or 600.

Most reactions

Back