d90 flash

You can fire that off camera right? What is the main disadvantage to getting that instead of say an SB400 or 600.
It's cheap!

Cheap as in price or cheap as in peice of ****? lol

If I could get one of these and use it effectively with my D40 I will probably grab one right now. I just cant see a $30 being comparable to a $220 one though haha.

You can fire that off camera right? What is the main disadvantage to getting that instead of say an SB400 or 600.
It's cheap!

Cheap is a good point. They are great flashes. Burst rates full customizable... Motorized zoom... The list goes on.... I love mine and did a best offer of 44 for 2 of them and he took it. Two flashes for 44!!!!! Amazing. I paid 90 for the promaster!!! Just buy one. Offer like 24 or 25.. I can guarantee you will be happy with it.

It's cheap!

Cheap is a good point. They are great flashes. Burst rates full customizable... Motorized zoom... The list goes on.... I love mine and did a best offer of 44 for 2 of them and he took it. Two flashes for 44!!!!! Amazing. I paid 90 for the promaster!!! Just buy one. Offer like 24 or 25.. I can guarantee you will be happy with it.

Cant it be fired wireless and everything? I should just buy one for $25 its worth a shot and then maybe I wont want to drop 200 bucks on an SB600 haha.

It's cheap!

Cant it be fired wireless and everything? I should just buy one for $25 its worth a shot and then maybe I wont want to drop 200 bucks on an SB600 haha.

Yes they can be fired wireless. You just select wireless on the digital screen of the flash and set all your settings and your good. If you go to my website
SachPhotography

You can see my portrait work. They all used the $26 flash and a stoffen diffuser.

Did you buy it from the seller you linked me to? I think I will get two of them as well.

Did you buy it from the seller you linked me to? I think I will get two of them as well.

No I bought it a while ago. I did buy two from this guy today though.

Were they the ones you offered $44 on cause I offered $44 for two of them as well.

Yes...I bought them from the link I gave you. 2 are great because you can use one off camera and fire it with the one on the camera. I am going to use them with umbrellas for studio work mainly.

And I think the right word is inexpensive. These are solid well performing flashes. They are NOT cheap..

Cool he accepted my offer.

I got a question about setting them up now, I have been doing a lot of reading and I am still a little confused. Could I use one of these on camera to trigger the other one remotely without the need for a wireless trigger?

Also I do plan on getting the wireless trigger soon anyways (RF-602) if I want to trigger both flashes at the same time would I need two receivers or would I be able to set one up as a slave and have them both fire at the same time?

You do not need a wireless trigger. It is all built into the flash. You can use either the built in flash to fire the external flash if you wanted to.

OK so this thing has adjustments to swivel and bounce different degrees upwards, can be used on camera or off wirelessly, you can use two of them together... why so inexpensive? What am I missing by not getting an SB-600 for example?

I've been borrowing my Dad's old SB-24 for when I really need a flash indoors, and I can only use it on camera. This would be a nice upgrade if I could get similar performance but with all of the extra features

-tim

It also has a mechanical zoom and it is all digital. I love the flash.

I got the flashes today. One fires, one was DOA (The ready light comes on but the flash wont fire)

I really only needed one for now anyway so I am very happy. Seems like a good flash, cant wait until my RF602 unit comes in so I can fire it off camera.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back