D90?

gamerz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello,

This thread might be in the wrong place...

To the point. Many of us (I think) are expecting a new Nikon DSLR to match the XSi... Supposedly the "D90". What I want to know is what you want feature wise and setting wise to be on this camera. Also, an estimated release date would be nice.

Thanks!

The XSi is the entry level DSLR in Canon's current lineup (the XTi is not going to exist much longer). The Nikon equivalent would be the D60... Or at least this is what i understood.

I am sure that Nikon is going to come up with something to replace the D80, but it will be to compete with whatever replaces the 40D.

Right?

I doubt that Nikon's gonna replace the D80. They're moving towards the whole "focusing system in the lenses" routine like Canon, and we'll be left with the D60/x(entry-level), D400(mid-level), and D4 (pro).

D400??? thats interesting..

The D90 will probably come out this year sometime and have...

- the 12MP sensor from the D300 (up from 10)
- a few less data out pipes and only 5 fps max (up from 3)
- Active D-Lighting
- Expanded photo adjustment ranges (color, saturation, contrast, etc)
- Expanded WB customization ability
- Commander flash mode like before
- Screw drive for older AF lenses like before
- Still no ability to meter with AI/AI-S lenses like before
- The rear INFO display like all the other newer Nikons
- Will still have a Top LCD
- Same EN-EL3e battery
- Same or similar grip as before for 2x LI-Ion or 6AA's

The XSi is the entry level DSLR in Canon's current lineup (the XTi is not going to exist much longer). The Nikon equivalent would be the D60... Or at least this is what i understood.

I am sure that Nikon is going to come up with something to replace the D80, but it will be to compete with whatever replaces the 40D.

Right?

i read somewhere the xt was going to stop being made, but the xti was still going to be in production? i may be wrong though, but i've read that at more than one place. and it would make more sense to get rid of the xt rather than the xti in my opinion

I don't know if they will make a d90 or what it will have on it, but its a bad idea for them to discontinue this line. Nikon doesn't directly compete with Canon in the midrange models, the D300 is about 500 bucks more, and the D80 is about 300 bucks cheaper (I think) than the 40D. Unless they plan on drastically dropping the price of the D300 to shoulder up against the 40D, they need to have something between the D60 and the D300, IMO.

Of course, I could be horribly wrong...

I don't know if they will make a d90 or what it will have on it, but its a bad idea for them to discontinue this line. Nikon doesn't directly compete with Canon in the midrange models, the D300 is about 500 bucks more, and the D80 is about 300 bucks cheaper (I think) than the 40D. Unless they plan on drastically dropping the price of the D300 to shoulder up against the 40D, they need to have something between the D60 and the D300, IMO.

Of course, I could be horribly wrong...

The D80 is $300 cheaper right now, but it is only because it is an older camera.

This is why it is IMHO the best deal of the moment.

Yeah the D80 is the best deal at the moment. I can see them continuing on with the current version and, maybe an upgraded D80x version for more money. I think they would be smart to do it that way but, who knows.

It would be nice for Nikon to come up with a few more mid-range cams (not that I would buy any of them). Even though I am a big Nikon guy the one weakness they have is in the mid range with only 3 models from D60-D300 it kind of limits peoples coices.

Where I really thought they screwed up was shelving the D50 and, not just adding features to it. That was their best entry level camera.

I think Nikon will probably have a better mid-range model here pretty soon. It's pretty overdue. Discontinuing the DXX bloodline and only having low end and high end cameras would probably be an unwise move.

Nikon's probably just too busy manufacturing D300's and D3's to worry about it atm.

One things for sure.... I'm saving up to buy the D90... and once I've used it for two months I'm gonna trash it and start saving for the D95... I'm pretty sure the D95 is going to make my pictures better...

If Nikon comes out with a D90 or something to replace the D80 it will be better than the XSi and more geared toward competing with Canon's 40D. I agree with deudeu who said the D60 is more comparable. That's just my 2 cents...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back