Daisy macro, C&C please

dakkon76

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I finally got frustrated enough with 99% of my shots being blurry or out of focus and my new tripod showed up today. Went for a short hike to take some shots of some wildflowers. I really liked the way the sun was hitting this one.

Taken w/ Canon 100mm macro @ f/5, ISO 200, 1/100. Maybe I should have gone up one more stop so the bottom was a bit more in-focus. Hard to tell in the field and I try to remember to shoot at a bunch of different stops.

Anyway, no PP done on it, just a small crop to center. Please let me know what you think.

3681073796_2dbfd64621_o.jpg

I'm still new at this but I would suggest cropping some of the dead space from above. I like it I just wish it was closer.

Hopefully someone more experienced can offer better advice.

I would go a little wider or more open on the Depth of Field. Shoot at IDK say f/7 or so. It would allow you to have the entire flower in focus. I like the shoot otherwise.

Way too centered for my tastes.

Why did you do no PP? And if you just haven't done it yet, then why post a picture before the photo is completely done? This could use a little bit of PP work to really make it pop in my opinion.

I do like the way you have captured the daisy. It makes it look special rather than just a white diasy. I also agree on the f/7 or possibly even f/11 to get the complete flower in focus. I like the way the light was hitting the flower but maybe a little PP to make the petals a little whiter and brighter.

I feel this is a very nicely done shot. I might have cropped just a tad more off the top, but other than that I like it. There is a good book called "Macro Photography for Gardeners and Nature Lovers" by Alan L. Detrick. You'll find 98% of his macro shots are fill the frame or perfectly centered. I find single flower shots to be more aesthetically pleasing when they are centered. Good job.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back