Damsel heaven

doenoe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.daanschouwe.nl
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Mt brothers garden got some water right behind his fence. So alot of damsels (is that what you call them) are flying around there. There were alot of bugs to shoot there and they werent scared easy neither
#1 This was still drying, since he just crawled out of his old jacket
TuinTinuz004.jpg

TuinTinuz005.jpg

TuinTinuz006.jpg

TuinTinuz007.jpg

TuinTinuz008.jpg

Thanks for looking
Greetz Daan

Another wonderful series. You captured so well the iridescence of the wings, and the detail of their 'faces'.

Absolutely wow!
Their photos should recompensate your for your having to go past all those blue ones on the banks of Wümme when you were on your canoe and had to try and (successfully!) defend your being first in the canoe tour ... erm: race? Tour? Race? Whatever.

Wow. Now I'm wondering: should I save on a good WIDE wide angle lens? Or on a real macro? Or will all my money just evaporate like it has always done, anyway? :scratch:

These are sooo enticing to go try take the same kind of photos, but I doubt I'll ever be able to do so!

Number 3 is just outstanding –I'd nominate it for photo of the month if I knew exactly where to post the nomination. And number 1 is, uhm, sexy.

Number 3 is just outstanding –I'd nominate it for photo of the month if I knew exactly where to post the nomination. And number 1 is, uhm, sexy.

Just head over here to the June POTM thread - Thread

Right click on the image you want to nominate, copy the location of the image, go into the POTM thread, add photo title & photographers name, click on the image button, paste link, click OK, submit post, done.

WOW, again with the all excellent shots! Dude, you ROCK! :headbang:

BTW, I can think of several terrible and funny captions for #4. :D

thank you all for the very nice comments and thank you very much for the nomination :D
Corinna, the choices in life eh ;) Its not terribly diffecult to take bug pics, but you need patience and a steady hand. Its all up to you what lens you're gonna get next......but if you go for macro, make sure you get a difuser for your flash.....or that little hat :)

Awesome! #3 is a true winner and stands out the most

Damsels generally are quick to fly off, nice capture on your hand!

thanks for the comments everyone :)
Some of the damsels were still drying, so couldnt fly off. And the one on my finger had a close encounter with my nephew. He kinda sat on it and its wings were broken. So i picked it up, took a shot and put in a shrubbery. Dont think it will make it though

Most reactions

New Topics

Back