Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took this shot with my D70 and my 50mm f1.8. & just a little PS
Let me know what you think

46014725.jpg

This is the shot with no PS and with. I was just messing around and liked what I came up with..
46036701.jpg
46014725.jpg

If you want to post a photo that PSed for critique, it's best to post the original alongside. I think it's an interesting effect, but I'm not usually a big fan of that much photomanip, and it's pretty hard to critique something like that. I like the original a lot better, although I feel the finger could be a lot better in focus.

And my, what an arsenal of photo gear you have. Wait, is that Bigfoot?! *grabs an armful of lenses and cameras and runs off*

i actually like the original quite a bit more. if you put it outside somewhere against a bright background, it would look just fine by itself, i think. the PS version is too PS'd for me.

I find the PS version interesting, but only for a short while. The effects are neat, however to make it have a long lasting impression I believe more of the statue needs to be in focus. Increasing the DOF would have been a great help. The focus on the finger is ok, but the f/1.8 was just too little.

Also the spot (spilled food / messy eater??) on the belly of the PS version is very distracting.

i like the original more than the ps'ed one. i couldnt tell what the subject was in the manipulated one...it kind of reminded me of Queequeg from Moby Dick.

perhaps if you made the original into a sepia or a black and white you could get an equally powerful image. nice shot nonetheless! :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back