What's new

Dark sky, incoming storm

I Like It Sideways

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 4, 2007
Messages
38
Reaction score
0
Location
West Lafayette, IN, and Cincinnati, OH
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took these two at Purdue on campus. Just an overcast day, but I also attempted HDR
C&C appreciated. HDR overdone? Not even the right time to use it? I like HDR but I don't want to abuse it.

5e39c063d87f27b36b8af269a2990ffd.jpg


4c8f6b894027d0b4c0f5d45c167e7a25.jpg


And a quick crop:
eb7cc88caafe3f786f7d99af47c346f3.jpg
 
Interesting contrast in the photos. I like the second one better but maybe crop the sky a little bit.
 
I like the second one. And yes, storms can be a great time for a subtle HDR! :D The first one is a little tilted, though.
 
The second shot is better without the crop, in my opinion.
 
I like the last one the best myself.

None of them particularly grab me, but the contrast is definitely nice. Nice shots. Not great shots, but nice shots. Keep working with the HDR.
 
I like the last one the best myself.

None of them particularly grab me, but the contrast is definitely nice. Nice shots. Not great shots, but nice shots. Keep working with the HDR.

Thanks!
They are kind of bland and wouldn't grab your attention if you were to walk by.

I wanted to give HDR a shot, and without overdoing it, try to get the right exposure
 
I do appreciate the fact that you wanted to stay with the overall feeling of a "dark day", it goes with the cloud cover, which looks pretty thick, and yet you bring out all the detail on the ground and in the building, without this looking cartoon-ish. So yes, I say: your attempts at subtle HDR are working well here!
 
I like the use of the stone walkway in 2 and 3 to lead your eyes to the building
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom