Darkroom Print 16

Nicely developed and printed for tonal range (at least in the shadows and mid-tones), but all that flat sky kills it for me. If you crop the left almost up to the walkway and the top almost down to that curved branch that points down at the walk you would remove a lot of it and focus more tightly on the interesting elements. At least that's my two cents ...

I have to agree with Ken, this is a beginner shot and absolutely not something I would expect from you.:)

Nicely developed and printed for tonal range (at least in the shadows and mid-tones), but all that flat sky kills it for me. If you crop the left almost up to the walkway and the top almost down to that curved branch that points down at the walk you would remove a lot of it and focus more tightly on the interesting elements. At least that's my two cents ...

See if I follow here, but I got this to something like this?? :)

$Darkroom_Print_16.jpg

I can se what your meen but just croping the left side and top looks a bit out of balanced.
Did another crop to where I did about the same on top but shoped a bit on both the left and right side.
Feelt a litter better to my eyes but the tree and the walkway feels a but to much to the sides so im not a 100 about that one eather.
$img205_crop.jpg

Still like the full print exept for that little branch bit in the top left.
But I have also seen this picture way to many times and some new eyes and mind are always refreshing.
And this is also a old negative but I plan to take a trip to this place during this summer so I can maybe get a better shot of this place.

Big thanks for the great feedback, really appreciated!

Maybe slap a filter on the lens to keep the sky tonal representation more easily printable?? Yellow, red, orange, or even grad-ND if the subject will allow you to get away with it. Bald,detail-free skies really do kill B&W pictures for me.

Most reactions

Back