Dead Sea Turtle

shelby16

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Living on the water, a lot of strange things wash up in your backyard. Today, it was a rare endangered type of Sea Turtle. Later today the local wildlife conservative commission picked him up. They said he wasn't even a teenager, and that the death was fresh. While it was very sad, it was cool.
(Sorry if some of you find it weird) I'm a newbie at photography, and I shot this on my compact camera (not yet a DSLR user, soon though!). Lighting was super bright outside, so I had to tone it down when editing. Also, the water had a natural red looks, but I promise it's blue. Weird.
$DSCN0655.jpg

He had a huge cut on his shell, and we all think it was a propellor. :(

Anyway, anyone ever seen something like this?

Attachments

• $DSCN0655.jpg
    $DSCN0655.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 66
  • $DSCN0655.jpg
    $DSCN0655.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
I would have put a bathing suit on it before calling anyone... and when they ask, admit nothing.

I would have put a bathing suit on it before calling anyone... and when they ask, admit nothing.
Hahaha oh goodness. It was just crazy! We didn't even know it was dead until my sister took it out of the water. It was still breathtaking to see it from up close.

What's creepy is the water looks blood red. :er:
Haha...bathing suit.

What's creepy is the water looks blood red. :er:
Haha...bathing suit.
I know!! It was the camera! I posted that it was actually blue, so I'm not sure why it looks red..

Hey, it works. It adds a little drama to the shot...lol I was like...good god what happened, it looks like a massacre. :sexywink:

Hey, it works. It adds a little drama to the shot...lol I was like...good god what happened, it looks like a massacre. :sexywink:
Hahaha sorry! But thanks for the comment. :)

That's very sad... poor thing.

It was very sad. It's sad that people on the water dont even realize what they do, like people who drive the boats! It was something like that that hurt him. :/

Most reactions

Back