Very nice photos, Matt.
I like the first one better than the second. The shininess of the sheet is a bit distracting in the second one. If it were less reflective and maybe a contrasting-but-matching color, such as brown, it would be even better, IMO. I know you only have so many different color sheets lying around though, hehehe.
Your camera is the latest iteration of the one that got me really into digital photography. I have an Olympus C-750 UZ. The lenses Olympus uses on their ultrazoom cameras are nothing to sneeze at. They are perfectly optimized to the camera, low dispersion glass, aspherical elements, and with excellent coatings. Most things you can do with an SLR, you can also do with that. Wide angle shots and fast action are the only areas where the ultrazooms fall short. Oh, and low light; they can be pretty noisy at the higher ISOs.
Anyhow, I love that first shot.