Dear Amanda

Portrait orientation is when the photo is longer vertically than it is horizontally.

I think a black and white version would look a bit better if the contrast and HDR wasn't so strong. His uniform is just screaming at me.

Good photo though.

What do you mean by portrait orientation? still new at this and wanting to learn as much as possible on this deployment.

Portrait versus Landscape... you know... Tall instead of wide.. in other words, turn the camera 90 degrees when taking the photo.

Totally disagree. Because of the positioning of the body, I feel the landscape orientation works best. Great photo.

As to others who give criticisms, they aren't worth anything if they can't give concrete examples of what is wrong or what could be changed for the better. Again, great pic just the way it is.

Finally, photo aside, thank you greatly for your service.

Awesome picture! My only criticism is that you didn't get that MK19/M2/M240 in the pic... ;-)

Thanks again for your service!

Awesome picture! My only criticism is that you didn't get that MK19/M2/M240 in the pic... ;-)

Thanks again for your service!

hahah Ill get one in next time for you JS_280. You prior?

It is the sentimental jingoism of the subject matter which is the least pleasing.

This is a photography forum. How the hell do you fit jingoism in with this picture? How does one describe writing a letter to loved ones as being jingoism.

Keep your political views elswhere.

jake337 said:
This is a photography forum. How the hell do you fit jingoism in with this picture? How does one describe writing a letter to loved ones as being jingoism.

I agree

It is the sentimental jingoism of the subject matter which is the least pleasing.

MatchlessArts started his threads on this forum with:
"For you and for me, these soldiers stand for Freedom and the American way of Life."
That is an overt political statement which nobody challenged.
I know my views will not be popular but would point out that constant re-inforcement of anything has an affect on people's opinions.

Bobnr32
If you read the title knowing what it could be... why the heck did you open the thread? We all have different opinions. No need to go out of your way to disagree. Close the thread & move on.

Matchless
Love the pic, no changes. Keep em coming! Thank you for all you do!

I love this; the color version is definitely better than the b&w, imo...gives it the right "mood."

I'd like to see a couple from the OTHER side of this...letters from home...someone reading a letter from their loved one, or maybe receiving a care package...

I love this; the color version is definitely better than the b&w, imo...gives it the right "mood."

I'd like to see a couple from the OTHER side of this...letters from home...someone reading a letter from their loved one, or maybe receiving a care package...

Care package it is :) cause I am overseas and I cannot get a image of the ones back home reading the letter. :) thanks for the comments.

Most reactions

Back