Tired Iron in Michigan, Tractor's (Pic Heavy)

jcdeboever

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Steam and tractor pics from this weekends Freedom Festival in Rives Junction, MI. Nikon F, 35-70 72mm, TriX, D76 stock. I need to pickup a 135 f2.5 or 85 AIS, the zoom is handy though.

Tirediron Free Fest 18 (1).jpg

Tirediron Free Fest 18 (2).jpg

Tirediron Free Fest 18 (3).jpg

Tirediron Free Fest 18 (4).jpg

Tirediron Free Fest 18 (5).jpg

Tirediron Free Fest 18 (6).jpg

Tirediron Free Fest 18 (7).jpg

Tirediron Free Fest 18 (8).jpg

Tirediron Free Fest 18 (9).jpg

Tirediron Free Fest 18 (10).jpg

Tirediron Free Fest 18 (11).jpg

Great to see some of those old steam powered tractors. My great great uncle was building those back in the mid to late 1800's. Plant shut down with the advent of the gas powered tractors, but their patent on the reaper/harvester ended up at what became IH.

Especially like #5, a tight shot but still with a sense of action. Looks like it was just backed up and the wheel chocked so they could run some implement with the belt and the operator is concentrating on the task at hand.

Great to see some of those old steam powered tractors. My great great uncle was building those back in the mid to late 1800's. Plant shut down with the advent of the gas powered tractors, but their patent on the reaper/harvester ended up at what became IH.

Especially like #5, a tight shot but still with a sense of action. Looks like it was just backed up and the wheel chocked so they could run some implement with the belt and the operator is concentrating on the task at hand.
Thanks Dave, very kind of you

Looks like someone had a good time. Does the lack of chimping hurt you any ... and do you get anxious wondering how the shots came out?
I did. I don't or rarely chimp on digital, I don't even consider it to be honest. I am kinda of stupid like that, I just go with the flow and trust what I am doing. It doesn't always work out but that's just the way it goes. I don't get anxious either, I develop when I have the time. Lately, it's right after the shoot.

Looks like someone had a good time. Does the lack of chimping hurt you any ... and do you get anxious wondering how the shots came out?
I did. I don't or rarely chimp on digital, I don't even consider it to be honest. I am kinda of stupid like that, I just go with the flow and trust what I am doing. It doesn't always work out but that's just the way it goes. I don't get anxious either, I develop when I have the time. Lately, it's right after the shoot.
I only chimp when things slow down and if I remember that chimping is available.

Loving #5. Great set.

Nice set JC. Number 10 brought back memories of a lot of hours in the seat. One of the first tractors I had the misfortune of being stuck on.

@jcdeboever a little footnote on the JD in #10. They used a final drive that consisted of a pinion on the front side of a large bull gear on each side. Because of the arrangement when it got in a really hard pull it would crawl the gear causing the front end to come up, and unless you got the clutch pulled fast, it would come all the way over in the blink of an eye. The clutch was a cam over design, that was a PITA. If you set it tight enough to keep it locked in, it took two hands and two feet to release (for my skinny little butt) and to loose it wouldn't stay engaged. When Dad bought the last JD 60, the fenders came in wooden crates from the factory. He never put them on, instead putting them in the hayloft where they stayed until 1980 when we had the equipment auction just prior to his passing. The tractor was in the back of the shop with a busted final drive. The tractor only brought around $600 but the fenders sold separately brought $1200.

Most reactions

Back