Dental photography

Rhys

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just attended a fascinating seminar on dental photography. The dentist giving the lecture was lecturing to other dentists - I was the only photographer present. He was entirely self taught and was lecturing with quite some authority.

Has anybody here done any dental photography and if so how much did you charge?

As in...xrays? I'm confused! :lol:

I don't think my offboard flash would properly light the inside of a mouth! :p

Actually you use a ringflash and a mirror inside the mouth to take photos of the upper or lower sets.

Actually you use a ringflash and a mirror inside the mouth to take photos of the upper or lower sets.

It can also be done without flash using a camera that is the size of a small flexible cable with a very wide angle view that is connected to a computer for instant recording and possibly printing.

skieur

Can't see anyone on here doing that sort of photography. The dentist is hardly going to examine a patient then leave them in the chair whilst he books someone then goes back to the patient to give them an appointment for the same time. Either your dentist does it or they call another dentist over who knows how to work a camera.

The last time I had it done it was on film. The place had its own developing machine. Does that make me old? ;)

My dentist has gone entirely digital: digital X-ray imaging (much lower dose than for film) and digital in-mouth visible spectrum camera c/w with mini ring light. That camera is very easy, comfortable and fast to use, and the dentist himself uses it - so he gets exactly the images he wants (wants me to see).

I can see that there is a reason for higher quality photographs in certain circumstances, but I would be inclined to leave that to a specialized medical photographer.

Best,
Helen

I have no problem with medical photography although for that I would need an S3 Pro UVIR in order to get photos of areas of low bloodflow. That was never around when I went Canon.

Re the S3 Pro UVIR: I think that Fuji's current model is the IS Pro. I have the simpler IS-1.

Best,
Helen

Oh well, I didn't know they had updated the model. I wish Canon would do something like this - all they produced was the 20Da.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back