Depth of field demo on Chaffinch

Fangman

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
MaleChaff1.jpg

Low light means wide open lens at 200mm so dof as shown less than 1cm.
Must persuade it to pose in profile!

I like this short-DOF photo very much, the background is wonderfully blurred, and the focus is JUST where it needs to be.

From what I heard, you had heavy snow on Easter in Ely, why does it not show? I would have expected to see a WHITE background (instead of my beloved green), and some remains of snow on the side of the feeder, for example ;).

(Check out our new member Songbird's first photo thread, the last few were taken on her way to and in Ely at Easter).

From what I heard, you had heavy snow on Easter in Ely, why does it not show? I would have expected to see a WHITE background (instead of my beloved green), and some remains of snow on the side of the feeder, for example ;).

We did have snow - see my post of the Robin "Easter - I thought it was Christmas" and "Pink Ice". It lasted a few hours but enough for us to go 6 miles down towards London to visit grandchildren and have to turn back as folk losing traction and sliding in heavy snow settling fast. By the time is started to clear it was too late to make the trip worth while.

Most reactions

Back