designing a press pass

5013094371_e98f943286_b.jpg

I just added the bar code under my picture that has my name and Fraternity name in it lol. Tomorrow I'm going to retake the picture because my shirt looks funny.

Hahaha...no kidding? I shoot the Liberty Blue Jays at William Jewell. As a matter of fact, Ill be there friday night. On the field. With a press pass. Its such a small world...

Whatever you do, do NOT make them in photoshop. Photoshop is not for designing print and will look like ****.

Put them together in InDesign.
why is photoshop not designed for print?
Because Photoshop is a raster graphics application. Press printing turns out better with files made using a vector graphics application and a subtractive color space model, like CMYK.

Hahaha...no kidding? I shoot the Liberty Blue Jays at William Jewell. As a matter of fact, Ill be there friday night. On the field. With a press pass. Its such a small world...
Your school is the reason why I can't go through campus on Friday nights lol. Security makes us drive around due to the traffic.

But yea, small world. If you ever want to shoot college, let me know. The next home game is homecoming so that might be a little crazy but after that is cool.

Photoshop is bad only if you resize it because it is not vector. But I trully believe if you size the file accordingly to what you want to print out, I dont see why photoshop is bad. The text on photoshop is basically vectors also.

For what your purposes are, Photoshop will work fine. You don't need to be severely concerned with vector graphics, as you're going to be printing a small product.

And plus, learning indesign if you are familiar with photoshop just to lay out a press pass is a little silly. If you were doing several pages of layout, then yes. Just a press pass? You'll be fine.

Makes me want to make a fake press pass:

Class selection: Black Mage, Warrior, Elf LOL

If you have a Press Pass are you a Pro?? :hug::

Whatever you do, do NOT make them in photoshop. Photoshop is not for designing print and will look like ****.

Put them together in InDesign.

Haha. Photoshop is just fine for print work. You just need to create your document at 300dpi or higher and it will look great.

create your document at 300dpi or higher and it will look great.
Could you explain why dpi, not ppi, and how it relates to printing a press pass?

I'm sorry, that was a typo. I mean ppi. DPI would apply to the printer, and yes, for a press pass it wouldn't really matter what dpi printer you use, but the ppi would make a big difference.

I'm wondering if that's why Sam6644 said not to use it, maybe he/she designed something at 72 ppi and determined that photoshop wasn't good for that...?

Are you referring to a chromogenic printing process, or a digital prepress process?
Adobe InDesign is used with digital prepress processes, which is what I believe Sam6644 was refering to.

BLD_007 - How will the press passes by printed, and what color space model are you planning to use, additive, subtractive, or one of the hue/saturation models?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back