TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
pirateneilsouth.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
oszd5x.jpg

Last edited:
Was this an HDR? If so, I'm curious as to why since it looks like the shot was setup well to give you a very healthy range of color and exposure without the treatment.

EDIT: btw, I think the cropping is a little tight. You may also want to consider some perspective correction to straighten the walls out in the frame and such (but you may also like that look), and it looks like you picked a more featureless facade of the building to showcase... perhaps if you moved more to the right to get more of the right side into view it would have added more interest... it looks very much like... the back of a church, which I think it is.

Neat building, though. If you're nearby to it it might be the subject for a lot of nice shots.

Gives me a very Scooby Doo feeling.

And we would have captured the image in one exposure if it weren't for those meddling kids!!!

To the OP:

The processing is definitely very assertive but I like the result and the fact it is free of the major flaws that haunt most images similarly processed. It is really well executed. My only criticism would be along the lines of Manheim: the subject really wants more room within the frame.

Thanks all and for the crit.

Can't get anymore room , i've tried and tried but without a wide lens im stuck. If i move back the tree blocks the view , if i move forward the church tops gets cut off. There is only so much you can do with a location church ;)

The subject will have to stay at is :)

Thanks all and for the crit.

Can't get anymore room , i've tried and tried but without a wide lens im stuck. If i move back the tree blocks the view , if i move forward the church tops gets cut off. There is only so much you can do with a location church ;)

The subject will have to stay at is :)

MOVE THE CHURCH! :lol:

Why not take two shots and stitch them together. That gives you the width you need without having to move. (just turn the camera- ideally on a tripod)

Photoshop stitches automatically and does a nice job of it. overlap your pictures by 20-40%.

Most reactions

Back