Details... *lots of photos sorry*

mentos_007

The Freshmaker!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hi! So here's why I was not so active on the forum lately. I was shooting alot. The local government agreed to open the old pre-war harbour to photographers, because it is to be destroyed this year. And there is a competition. Every photographer is to submit 10 photos to each category. Now I'm collecting works for a category called "detail in the harbour's architecture". So here you are. Sorry for so many shots (15 I suppose). But they should not load for so long. But if you notice any problems I'll solve them asap. This is something I have never shoot before. So every comment is greatly appreciated :) Help me to choose 10 the best pictures!!!... please :)

lasztownia_011.jpg

lasztownia_013.jpg

lasztownia_030.jpg

lasztownia_033.jpg

lasztownia_054.jpg

lasztownia_055.jpg

lasztownia_057.jpg

lasztownia_058.jpg

lasztownia_064.jpg

lasztownia_070.jpg

lasztownia_083.jpg

lasztownia_084.jpg

lasztownia_086.jpg

lasztownia_093.jpg

lasztownia_115.jpg

Some nice shots there. I like the ninth shot the best for color and the window in the door adds to the picture. The harbour looks way beyond repair, too bad.

NIce work Mentos. I like 1,2,9,12. Excellent job!!

Interesting approach - I like them all! :thumbup: I think the strongest ones are 2, 4, 10, 11 and 12. Love all that peeling paint. :)

Great photos Mentos. Its hard to pick out any single one. they are all good. Great compositions of well spotted details. I particularly like the window shots.

Great job.

I am sure these will become of great value in years to come.

:) thanks :) actually city councl wants to make an exhibition and my pics are very likely to appear there :) I have also the same number of pictures with the whole harbour, showing buildings and so on, but I will post them later :) thanks for replies

nice work. these are all well composed and interesting. good for you being motivated and getting out there with your photography skills. good luck in the competitions!

wow!! what a tough task! how do I pick out the best when all 15 are so excellent? So I took a different approach.. try to pick out the 5 worst.. no luck there either. So..you did very well, and I love your style.. good luck!!!

nice series mentos! i think you are on a winner here,they probably show every aspect, i think that's a great idea that the government came up with, and a great way to archive the old harbour, good luck with the comp.

Raymond J Barlow said:
wow!! what a tough task! how do I pick out the best when all 15 are so excellent? So I took a different approach.. try to pick out the 5 worst.. no luck there either.

uuuhh Raymond, that is not a good advice :( I still cannot choose the 5 worst :(

I think I have to ask somebody more :p

What an interesting subject. I love all of these, but in particular 2, 9 and 10. Very sympathetically shot. Great work!

hi, Ola!-:)
great series, really!
my absolutely favs are:
#3 - for the simplicity and a 'red power'-;)
#8 for the 'solitude of a sad string' - im joking a bit, but you've captured a great mood here, i really like it-:)
#11 - i like it a lot, - the only thing i would do is a bit of cropping - i'd cut it a bit from the left (2, 3 cm) and same from the top -> to make the nail a subject of the pic
#12 - nothing to change here - great one
#14 - great colours, almost monochromatic, but still a colour
#15 - leave as it is - its a great pic - i think i like it the most-:)
again, great series, Ola!
-:)

My favorites are 5, 9 & 10 but the series as a whole is wonderful as well. Keep us updated on the competition!

ok I will :) thanks again :) Ania thanks for a long comment :) now I am sure which one to submit :)

Most reactions

Back