Did I Do a Bad Job, or Did I just Get One Of THOSE Seniors? CC please

photocoach said:
lmao - Girls, girls girls. Can't live with em..

I'd go to chuck em in the trash and watch their expression... They might be bluffing. Mike is spot on though, the posing is weak at best but that's not your to do there is it. I always smile real big and put the camera down. Until the unwanted assistants figure it out, IF they are just annoying and messing up my shots.

At times, they are a God Send.

I'm sorry, but these two women are going to need to be put down. (As in killin a horse) No other way around it. (lol) *JOKE*

Serious here - it was a JOKE!

Funny boy! :)

MissCream said:
Makes me sad too but I always do it as well :p Hopefully I can raise my son to appreciate women as they are. Maybe us women can start as appreciating ourselves as we are, we start all this **** ourselves. If you know one woman that doesn't stare at herself in a mirror and asks if she's looks fat then please let me know... :)

I don't even know how to do that in Photoshop! Maybe I should learn so I can make myself look skinnier!! LOL!! I was just thinking back on my senior pictures - taken with film by my friends dad and I sent the roll out to get developed. No photoshopping and I was so happy. I'm sure if I had bad acne or was in a unflattering pose I wouldn't have been as unhappy.

If it makes the girls happy then so be it but it's sad that we can't see ourselves the way we are an be happy. Oh well.

Filter. Liquify!

Who was behind the camera? Who was looking through that viewfinder? And who pressed the button? OP, if you've just said 3 times "me", stop blaming your sister or anybody else. YOU are supposed to be the boss on the photo-shoot and if you let anyone to intervene, it's only your fault. You can get an advice if you're not experienced enough, but they can't see what you do and YOU need to make the final decision - which angle, which pose, what exposure settings, when to press the shutter etc.

I think these are not very strong. Please see my CC under ea. pic
v6ruwl.jpg

Color isnt very good. I see hot spots on her face. It is also soft. The pose also doesnt do anything.

23hlt87.jpg

Soft. I see a lot of yellow hot spots. Horrible pose.

2qc3282.jpg

This one is pretty good. Sharp too.
2lihggm.jpg

Soft again and pose is bad

The poses are not well thought out. and they are way oversaturated. Your photos are not ok to edit but if they were I'd love to play with the 2nd one. I don't think there is anything wrong with the outfit, but they look like snapshots, not portraits.

What are you shooting with?

You're taking a bit of a beating, Tyler, but keep in mind that it is all in the light of trying to help. I feel kind of bad reading through all the negative comments, especially as they are starting to become a little repetitive. Figure out what can use from all the comments and make adjustments on the next shoot.

Keep shooting!

It's already been said, but 1 2 and 4 are extremely soft. All of them really need work on the composition and posing, and you definitely need to rethink the lighting on a few of them to eliminate the hotspots.

Also, for #1, get her farther away from that wall! You want to seperate the subject from the background, unless they are interacting with it. If she was leaning on the wall, it would work. But standing an inch away from a wall almost always looks like a snapshot.

Most reactions

Back