Ron Evers

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
In the country 60km north of Toronto, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took this Canada Day.

P1030466sm.jpg

maybe its just the color of the car playing games with my mind.. but it looks in focus when i look close but when i back up the "HotRod" looks off

Ron, your focus gradually gets worst the further back on the car you get. Your focus seems to be centered on its hood. The lettering on the panel section is out of focus at any distance. Also the primer type paint gives off a softness of its own ie. black fuzzy cats, black spiders etc.
It is ever so subtle tho. Then again this beer and bad glasses could be the cause.

maybe its just the color of the car playing games with my mind.. but it looks in focus when i look close but when i back up the "HotRod" looks off

Agreed, its matt black so will look a little fuzzy perhaps, the Name of the vehicle I suspect has a thin outline which at this resolution looks OOF?

I tool almost the exact picture of the same car. (we were there together) Mine also looked the same way. I thought it was just me, and I ended up deleting the picture. Maybe it wasn't me after all. :lol:

I don't think it's out of focus as much as the flat color playing with your perception. The light bouncing off the pavement isn't helping either. I sharpened the image and increased the contrast which seemed to help some.

2623756630050224778S600x600Q85.jpg

the Name of the vehicle I suspect has a thin outline which at this resolution looks OOF?

Bingo, you nailed it Rob.

Here is a crop of the name which is what screws with your perception.

crop-1030466sm.jpg

As you can see the focus was good but the lettering fools your eyes. Shot with a Minolta 50/1.4.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back