Did I overcook this kid? :)

YvetteC

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm working hard at my photoshop skills....did I overdo this one? The fact that I am even asking makes me think I did but I would love to hear suggestions. Thank you!

DSC_6213E by Yvette C., on Flickr

I like the window light, and the fact that only that is reflected in the eyes.
And no, this baby looks good, I say, not "overcooked" (the wording alone in connection with a baby....! ;) ;) ;) )

Not overcooked at all. Don't think you have the correct understanding of overcooked if you even asked that question.

You would really have benefitted from a reflector set up camera left to kill some shadow, but other than that this is a perfectly acceptable image.

Nope, you did a grand job. How old was this kid?

Not overcooked at all. Don't think you have the correct understanding of overcooked if you even asked that question.

You would really have benefitted from a reflector set up camera left to kill some shadow, but other than that this is a perfectly acceptable image.

I mean alien eyes, plastic skin and unnatural skin color. Is that the wrong term? I tried to make everything very natural looking but when I looked at the photos side by side, this one looked very manufactured. I just wanted to make sure it was within the acceptable range.

I have no idea why I didn't get my reflector out. We were just messing around in front of the window and I didn't even think of it. Rookie mistake :)

No. I would have just used a reflector on the opposite side. It would have added light to the other side off the face which looks a little under exposed.

No. I would have just used a reflector on the opposite side. It would have added light to the other side off the face which looks a little under exposed.

Is there anything I can do to fix it?

Is there anything I can do to fix it?
I think it looks pretty good. You can bring it up a little in LR or PS, but it is a really cute shot the way it stands now. I would just say for next time use a reflector because it will really open up the shadows and fill in that space. If you just look at the whites of his eyes you can see the difference. By using flash or a reflector you are going to get much more even lighting.

No you didn't overcook it. To answer your question to Kathy, you could try a brush (Lighten) to that side of the face and see if it will bring it up.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back