did i pull it off...or just blow it?

You didn't blow it, but it doesn't say 'old newspaper' to me. It's got to be contrasty black and white (not sepia) and it needs to be half-toned. That's the beauty of digital, you can go back and try again, and it costs nothing but time.

well, if you were going for 'old newspaper that was left in the window and got yellow' kinda look, sepia is not the worst choice. But tirediron is right, this could use another go. I'm curious to see what you come up with.

pascal

The sepia looks good to me. But it seems like you added a little too much grain - it shows up a bit on the hand. Otherwise, while it doesn't strike immediately as an old newspaper look unless it is mentioned, it looks great. :)

Yeah, too grainy. It is still possible to make the photo look old or antique without sacrificing so much quality.

It does look good, just not newspaper style. I'd suggest going back and reshooting it and turning it into black and white because I bet you didn't shoot that in raw so you can't go back. The vignette looks good, but tone down the grain and try and see if you can get the dots into the picture (tiny dots that was used to print back in the day).

Most reactions

Back