What's new

Did one of my first couple shoots today.. C+C

ChrisedwardsHT

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jun 24, 2012
Messages
190
Reaction score
36
Location
Kansas
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have taken couple pictures before, but nothing that I would say I was very proud of. I think I have improved on my images over the past few months.. I was just wondering what your guys input on them is.
Give me the tough, mean, hurtful critiques please. ;)

1. Austin & Emily by HTchris, on Flickr

2.
Austin & Emily by HTchris, on Flickr

3.
Austin & Emily by HTchris, on Flickr

4.
Austin & Emily by HTchris, on Flickr

and if you care to see the whole set, feel free to check it out. Austin & Emily - a set on Flickr
 
Where is the couple, they look like they barely like each other. Attitude, is as important as composition, and or focus.
tough and mean as I get. Later Ed
 
quite the opposite I wanted to say that it really shows that they like each other :)

I think they are not "I like to be photographed" type of people.

Look at #3, there are some pretty loving smiles there.

Many people don't know how to pose hands and you did great job in #1 and #4. hands are relaxed and natural
 
Where is the couple, they look like they barely like each other. Attitude, is as important as composition, and or focus. tough and mean as I get. Later Ed

I'll work for some more smiles. :)
 
These look underexposed to me, and I'm not a fan of the pallid processing look either.
 
Exposure looks off to me too; the contrast in the B&W seems to need adjustment as well (looks like all tones of gray rather than black and white). I think it would be better to learn to get proper exposures consistently before doing portraits/photo sessions so you're making good use of your and their time (unless it involves friends willing to let you practice with them).
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom