Digital camera question

DaemoNox

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello, I'm looking into getting a good digital camera, but this will be my first so I desided to ask the experts on what would be the best for me. It doesnt have to be anything really fancy, but I would like for it to have quality close-ups and distance with different levels of light and be in the $200-$250 price range. I know for more money I can get better quality, but I'm only going to be using it as a hobby/recreational. I've been looking at a Canon PowerShot A75, any opinions on this? I'm sorry if questions like this have been answered before, this is all new to me. Thank you for all your help.

the gripe i have about most point & shoot digitals is the battery life (almost non-existant) so if possible get one with a rechargable battery. i have a little hp p&s and it eats batteries, i wont even touch it anymore.

I cannot reccomend any specific point and shot but get the most MP you can afford. I have two 2.x MP cameras and my shots are not even in the same league as those posting on this board. Frustrates me so much that I'm dragging out my film camera and am going to try scanning negatives since even scanning at 600X600 doesn't compair

Most reactions

Back