Digital delay

I had the same problem with my Canon G1, the 10D has no lag that I have noticed. It's definitely getting better as the technology improves.

There's a difference between shot-to-shot lag (the time it takes to take the picture, record it, and be ready for the next shot) and shutter lag (the time from button push to taking the image for recording).

The D70 has "less than 1/10 sec" shutter lag, and the DRebel "1/10 sec", according to Steves. (Actually, Canon say it's 128 milliseconds).

Both are just as fast as film SLRs.

:p damn how did yah know :( LOL...nah its either tha..or I find it cheap on a website and get jessops to price match.

I also have the S5K and yeah, the lag is annoying as can be. However with prefocus you can usually conquer most situations. With prefocus, the lag is always the same, and with a little practice you can capture the peak of a skateboard ollie or whatever else. Burst modes can also get around it. However for "spontaneous" just-the-right-moment shots, you might be out of luck. That's the absolute best thing about the film cam I just bought, there's none at all :) .

Not to be doubting you, but a film SLR has to have some lag. You hit the button and the mirror has to flip up out of the way and the lens usually also has to close down to shooting aperture, then finally the shutter does it thing. Agreed, it all happens very fast, but to say there's no lag at all isn't *quite* right.

I mean, the way I look at it, when you take a picture the viewfinder goes dark for a bit, right? Well, 1/2 of that time is the shutter lag, the other half is bringing everything back to normal (mirror back up, aperture open, etc.).

I think he means human noticable lag.

The sort of *press* 1, 2, 3, 4, *little sound your digi makes when its finally done*

Compared to the *press* click....

You gotto remember that we experience things from our perseption, and thus the world is different to how it really is...that is why they say there is "No lag".

But your point is rather smart actually...nice one :D

thanx all. My camera is quite new and I surely won't buy a new one during a few months so I have to deal with it. Although I've donr some nice shots of people dancing... I just pressed the shutter a little before and I caught some nice moments :) but now it looks more less like lottery not like photography :)

Most reactions

Back