Digital Images in Darkroom...

ram0135

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello All,

First off I want to say HELLO :sexywink: ! to everyone.

Okay so here is what I want to do... I have tons of digital pictures (wait please keep reading its not exactly your typical digital question) and I would like to possibly print them in the darkroom. I have transperencies and what I want to do is get the exact measurements of a negative strip (the frame size, length and width) then create a template in Photoshop and import my images onto that template. Then I would inverse the pictures to be negatives and not positves on the sheet and print them on the transperent paper. In theory I could then print them in the darkroom as the same basics apply. Would this be at all possible? Any comments/suggestions/ideas are very much welcome.

Thanks,
Ram0135

Sure you could do something like that, but I don't see why you would need to make them the size of a negative. You could just do a contact print from a full size transparency.

I think some pro labs may have printers that output to film for making prints. Don't know much about it other than it's HQ - and I heard about it some years back. Probably expensive but may be worth checking out.

Yeah, there are devices that will expose a digital file onto 120/220 size film.

If you are making the transparencies yourself I second Orie, make them full size and do contact prints.

My question is, why not just take film in the first place? If you already have processing equipment, I can't see what the advantage would be of doing it this way. Are you going for a particular look?

Yes I am going for a particular artistic effect, of printing digital images which may look weird or altered and printing them.

I wonder if youd lose any of the elements of the photo through all of the translations from digital to darkroom.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back