Digital Prints

a_mattison

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Sorry for another newb question. Thank you for the help Saturday with my strobes. I would have ended up sending those back thinking they didn't work right if it weren't for this forum.

Anyway... I printed a portrait of my daughter on my HP deskjet 5550 just to see how it looked and then downloaded to Walmart. The print on the HP was nice and sharp, but colors are limited. The prints off the Walmart Fuji system is darker (which is why I overexpose on the photos in my gallery) and they are softened up. There is quite a bit of detail missing.

So... What are some recommendations regarding how/where to get quality prints made for not too much time and money?

...So... What are some recommendations regarding how/where to get quality prints made for not too much time and money?

That's a somewhat contradictory statement. As with many things, there are three variables: Speed of service, quality, and price. You can pick any two. MPIX is a popular on-line lab, or you can try another big-box store in your area (My Wal-mart's "lab" actually turns out very good images up to 11x14). If you're willing to spend a little more money, talk to the counter-staff at your local bricks and mortar camera store (NOT the big-box store that sells cameras) and ask for recommendations.

MPIX sounds like what I need. thanks! I'll try it out.

You can get your pictures done quickly, at a low cost, or with high quality.

Choose any two.

(I use MPIX, for what it's worth, and love their service. You can also download their proofing profiles for each paper type for on-screen proofing).

Also try Snapfish and Shutterfly..... their are quite a few around. Usually when you first sign up they give you so many free prints so you just pay S&H. There are quite a few out there.

Most reactions

Back