Print/DIGITAL for my photography business.

Discussion in 'General Shop Talk' started by mgracia, Mar 24, 2018.

1. mgracia

mgracia TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hello everyone! (sorry if I am not in the right thread)

So I am in the process of opening up my a studio where I will be designing and also running my photography business. What I am struggling with is how to offer prints if I do not print onsite? I know it may sound silly, but I am lost on this. I have a portfolio website on Squarespace but it does not have an online store. I am not sure where to look so that I can somehow be able to offer my clients a way to view the gallery of the images I captured, and make purchases on them. Any suggestions for this? I heard to go and make two separate sites (one portfolio and one for client purchases). I just want a way to offer my clients a place where they can see my work and have a separate private gallery for them to view photos and purchase them for print. What are some of the best sites to do this through? What are the best print labs I can sync to my site? What web-host can I use to have all of these features? I really appreciate the help on this.

- Migs

2. KmH

KmH In memoriam Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    What country is your business in? (No location info in profile)

3. mgracia

mgracia TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I am based out of Ohio, US.

4. KmH

KmH In memoriam Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
  5. Olivia Green

Olivia Green TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit

This is the exact reason for me leaving Squarespace. I've shifted to Pixpa and luckily everything you mentioned is already available in their platform. I have a website where people can see all my work publicly, and a store within the website where they can purchase either the digital file or prints of my images. I'd suggest you the same. Building two different websites is quite of a work plus doesn't seem manageable. Build a portfolio website with different galleries of your work and a store page for selling those.