Digital Rebel: With or without the lens kit???

Tatiana

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Is the lens kit worth a 140€ price difference? That's about 180 USD / 95 GDP / 219 CAD / 234 AUD. I have the lens that came with my EOS 3000, EF 38-76mm, and a Tamron 28-300mm.

Thank you!

Tatiana

I wouldnt...ive just started to realise how bad kit Lenses are...buy them all seperatly..they just arent worth it :p

The only problem is that you won't have a wide angle lens to start off with, but you can always buy one later - for 28mm you need around 17-18mm because of the crop factor.

And 140€ seems a bit high in difference for the kit lens - check on the internet for better prices.

Good Luck!

tempra said:
check on the internet for better prices.

I already did :-| the best I found is 607€ without and 747€ with the lens kit.

It all depends what you can afford, what you are willing to spend, and what you plan to shoot. The 17-40L is a nice alternative, but at $700+ USD, it's a big price difference from the kit lens, so you have to ask yourself if you are that serious yet.

The kit lens performs pretty well, especially considering the price, and if later on you decide you want more, then you can upgrade.

I was just in blacks the other day and took a look at the rebel xt and 20d. When I took the kit lens off to put on the sigma 70-300 to give it a try I noticed the lens felt really really really cheap. It was as light as a feather and felt all plastic. But here I dont think the price differeince is as bad.

You could buy the kit lens used, I seen it offered on another forum for $55us just the other day.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back