Dinner Time

Nikon Fan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I've been wanting to attempt something like this for a while, and Littleman's product post reminded me that I should do it. I created a tiny studio setup, and then converted using the technique I now refer to as Ansel/Amanda :lol: and came up with this.

dishes.jpg

i think this is great work amanda!!!! very very stylish and stark looking. great production photography!!!!

m
d

holy crap! that's freakin' cool !!! amazing... how you did it??? tell me pleeeeeeeaaaasseee.... (now you see a nice your girl begging you for some tips and tricks :p:p)

Thanks guys :)

For the setup I used a piece of glass and placed it in between 2 chairs, then put a black blanket under and next to the glass. I turned off all the lights in my room, and used 3 flashlights from the left side front and right side. Then I set the camera up and put it on bulb, and then used my new fancy cable release, and just messed around with timings. I sprayed water using a spray bottle before and during the shots.

After that I put it in PS where I gave I created a channel mixer layer, red at 160, green at 190, blue at -200, and then moved the constant to my liking and checked monochrome. After that I then went back to my background layer and made contrast and brightness adjustments. And then lastly I gave it a USM, and just played with the settings to fit my liking.

Hopefully that all makes since, seems harder in writing than it is ;)

The coolest thing is the use of flashlights! Now that's inventive.

BTW... what's the dark band across the knife blade?... is that a shadow from the fork?

Nice!

-Pete

Christie Photo said:
The coolest thing is the use of flashlights! Now that's inventive.

BTW... what's the dark band across the knife blade?... is that a shadow from the fork?

Nice!

-Pete

:lol: When you're a cheap college student you learn to make use of the cheap stuff such as flashlights :lol:

I think the dark band may be from the chair that the glass was sitting on. It could be the fork, but I think it seems to be more from the chair. Thanks for the comments :)

dalebe said:
nice job! great photoshop work amanda :thumbup:

Thanks :) I printed it this evening and really like how it turned out :)

Alright after much consideration the shadow was driving me nuts, so I've fixed it. Now I must print again:

dishes1.jpg

I LOVE the idea, I don't know if I am so fond of the arrangment; but still, beautiful shot :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back