dirty green window

Alex_B

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Should I have cleaned the window or does the dirt actually add reality to it?

Oh, and by the way, this is shot on slide film.

div03_050_small.jpg

ooo, i like that, you could try it both ways, but i dont think there's really anything wrong with leaving that stuff on there

thanks all .. actually since it is not my window, people would have looked at me in strange ways if I started cleaning it ;)

well, I also have a B&W version of it ...

div03_050_small_bw.jpg

:lol: You never know, maybe someone would have thanked you.

I think it does add to the shot. I prefer the color to B&W the green against the stark black is very striking. Very nice Alex!

I like the B&W better

I love the B&W... And yes keep that dirt. GREAT picture. I love it!!!! To nit pick... could you crop it little tighter?

Wow, nice composition, I think its very creative! On the dirt... I am sorta divided. For the color picture, I like the dirt. However, for the black and white picture I would have cleaned it. Oh, and I like the black and white better.

I like the picture but the dirt looks like some love stains if you know what I mean

it wouldn't make any sense to have it without dirt . . . bc then it wouldn't really be focused on anything but the frame.

i like it!

thanks all :)

Hmm, and newrmdmike, what you said really makes sense! It would probably look rather dull if it was clean and still focussed on the glass.

Erm ... :scratch: ... you took the colour away from an originally green photo??? :cry:

The green one for me please ... and the dirt ... an old window like this is never quite that clean ... mind you, mine here in the house are comparatively new, and yet they look similar :oops: ...

Erm ... :scratch: ... you took the colour away from an originally green photo??? :cry:

Well, some people seem to like it :)

The green one for me please ... and the dirt ... an old window like this is never quite that clean ... mind you, mine here in the house are comparatively new, and yet they look similar :oops: ...

I haven't seen the glass of my windows for ages since outside the weather is terrible :p

Actually this image is taken from the inside of a medieval windmill in the small walled town of Zons at the Rhine river.

Most reactions

Back