:( disappointed

brandibell
user-offline.png

Sorry. I tried uploading them but I couldn't figure it out:( I tried making conversation and it worked with the larger woman but the thinner one just was SUPER shy and reserved... I tried asking her about her pregnancy and her schooling ... got nothing:( I don't normally have such a hard time getting people to open up to me:(

Last edited:
sleist
I agree! I HATE my lens! I feel a major disconnection having to get all the way back from who I am shooting just to get the look I want. Last night how ever I just plain couldn't get the look I was wanting. Maybe I was just off my game. But yes if I had proper equipment then it would be much better! If you were me what lens would you get? I was thinking a 18-55 with the lowest f-stop I can get would be good. Suggestions anyone???

Last edited:
ghache
Agreed! LOL! I can't believe I didn't realized that was behind her! NOT like me at all! But I was so focused on trying to get her to cooperate that I just lost track of everything else!!! Boo on me for that one!

Don't start developing GAS* quite yet. Learn how to work with the equipment you've got; there's nothing not 'proper' about it. Yes, true, some fast zooms might allow you to gain a narrow DoF, but it's not going to do a thing for pose, composition, exposure, etc. Have you considered offering a reshoot? Perhaps call one or both and suggest that you'd like to explore some new, creative poses/lighting and have another go.

Gear Acquisition Syndrome

Click on picture, copy image code and paste in text box. Hope you don't mind I posted one. If you do I will remove it.
062.jpg

tirediron

Agreed! And yes I already have planned for Sunday night. Do you have any advice on how to use my lens in a better way?

Scoody

I dunno if you are afraid of links but here's one more (I'll try to make it my last) This link is one of my other work that I have done. If you feel like critiquing any I'm always game!!! (some I'm not so fond of my self but right now it's all I've got!)
All Things Beautiful Photography by Danielle Thompson | Facebook

That was a low and underhanded trick there, Dee! Posting cute Baby photos for critique because I am not going to go there! Zoe's first birthday is adorable. She is a lovely baby! I will add this, though. The lighting is a little flat. Other than that, not too shabby. But those maternity photos, you were not on your game at all. I have a maternity shoot to do in the morning and you are more than welcomed to light into those photos once I post them.

Tron
Thanks! I Am using a Nikon D90 and a 55-200mm lens.

Scoody
LOL! Thanks I seem to have a knack for cute shots with kids. This whole maternity experience makes me never want to venture there again:/ Maybe I'll just stick with the kids! I can't wait to see your work! Thank you thank you thank you! Do you need my e-mail or are you going to post em? How do I fix the "flat lighting issue?" just an external flash?

Scoody
LOL! Thanks I seem to have a knack for cute shots with kids. This whole maternity experience makes me never want to venture there again:/ Maybe I'll just stick with the kids! I can't wait to see your work! Thank you thank you thank you! Do you need my e-mail or are you going to post em? How do I fix the "flat lighting issue?" just an external flash?

Try not shooting when the sun is at it's brightest. Hold a screen or something over your subject to diffuse the light. Lowering the ISO and tweaking the aperture could also help. I will be bold and post my shots here. My first maternity shoot was a complete disaster. The mom wanted her two other kids to be included in the shoot. One of them peed his pants halfway through the shoot. They were cranky and figeted the whole time. I got pissed off and it showed. I managed to get a couple of good shots and that was what she bought. The other shiots went right into the recycle bin.

A. Don't shoot into the sun unless your going for a sillouette, or you have the light to overpower the sun...as far as I can tell, you dont.

B. You were there at the golden hour (maybe a tad later) Turn those big ass bellies around and use the beautiful lighting so that the light it on them!

You have a lot of work to do still.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back