Do any of the big store chains do NON-C41 film developing?

skid2964

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Or, if they do, is it even worth letting them do it?

I don't mind using A&I or someone like that, I just want a quicker solution, but not at a huge reduction in quality.

Photo chain stores or Wal-mart & drug stores? Some photo stores/labs might do other developing but I'd think that drug store labs don't...if they even take it, they would just send it out to get done...you might as well cut out the middle man and take it to a good lab yourself.

I was referring to chains like drug stores, yes.

There are no local labs here, even our real camera store sends NON-C41 stuff out like I would have to.

I guess I will just order some A&I or freestyle mailers.

None around here do.. are you talking b&w or E6?

If you're willing to spend around $80-100, you can get chemicals to develop your own film at home. I have been processing my own b&w since maybe Dec. of last year and it's more than paid for itself and saved me a ton of cash already. I developed 4 rolls within the past week. If i'd paid to have that done, it probably would've cost as much as the chemicals. The only catch is you'll need access to a film scanner to digitize them if you don't plan to set up a full darkroom.

They usually send it out to a pro lab. My local Fred Meyer, for example, will send my Kodachrome to Dwayne's for me...Just ask them.

If you're willing to spend around $80-100, you can get chemicals to develop your own film at home. I have been processing my own b&w since maybe Dec. of last year and it's more than paid for itself and saved me a ton of cash already. I developed 4 rolls within the past week. If i'd paid to have that done, it probably would've cost as much as the chemicals. The only catch is you'll need access to a film scanner to digitize them if you don't plan to set up a full darkroom.

I started doing this about two months ago and got my setup and 20 rolls of film from Freestyle for around $75. The chemistry alone is probably closer to $50, but it all depends on what you buy. I am using Clayton F76+ developer, Silvergrain Clearfix fixer, and water for all of my washes. It really is very easy to do yourself, and it's fun.

Scanning can definitely be an issue though.

Most reactions

Back