Do They Make Attractive Equipment Bags?

MelodySoul

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I need a bag to hold my camera body, lenses (right now only one but I plan to get a couple more) a speedlight, extra batteries etc...and a laptop as well.

Everything I have found is utilitarian and ugly. Don't they make cute bags?

:(

I believe there's a company that makes feminine camera bags that look like the handbags girls spend so much money on.

I have a crumpler. They're similar in type to messenger bags and have some nice colors to choose from. I have a larger one, the 7 million dollar home. It's not water tight, but it's perfect for lugging my gear around in.

www.crumplerbags.com

MelodySoul said:
I need a bag to hold my camera body, lenses (right now
only one but I plan to get a couple more) a speedlight,
extra batteries etc...and a laptop as well.

Everything I have found is utilitarian and ugly. Don't they
make cute bags? :(
MelodySoul said:
You may want to check Tenba.com (American) – they make a large
variety of incredibly good bags in a few colors. Conservative in design,
but some models are really nice – but then your taste may be different.

At the same quality level –

The bags by crumplerbags.com (Australian) look different.

Another maker which makes very sturdy bags that look different than
the 'norm', is KATA (Israeli). Some of their smaller bags may have small
ergonomic design 'bugs', so I wouldn't get one without checking it first.

Get some foam, and set up the bag of your choice for your camera.

Bottega Veneta make some nice bags....

i agree with iron

i got a great dunlop bag (stylish shoulder bag)

shoved in some inserts and its grrrrrrrrreat!

I was partial to a couple of Coach bags myself. Pad them up and your good to go. :mrgreen:

Ok people, there are some basic life rules here that seem to have been forgotten: I feel obligated to remind you of some of them.

1. Never play cards with a man called "Pops."

2. Never eat a meal at a place called Moms.

3. There is no crying in baseball. (Or hockey for those north of the border) (for those south of the equator there is crying allowed in Australian Rules Football. I didn't know this for the longest time.)

4. Photography gear bags are not meant to be "cute". Babies are cute but useless. Camera bags are useful but ugly. It is the natural order of things. Do not cause a disturbance in the force. :lol: :lmao: :mrgreen: :lmao: :lol: :smileys:

Ok seriously, I gotta go with Iron on this one as well. Find something you like and fill it with the proper foam or look at the shootsac.

Thanks for the links and suggestions. If I don't find one that I love then I will just DIY!

Crumpler bags are good looking(IMHO) but fairly expensive. I'm looking at getting a Kata DR-467 because it comes in something other than black and is fairly inexpensive.
KADR467WT.jpg

Theres this one company I heard makes great bags and they are all the rage. Prada was the name i think.

Too bad Prada is a wee bit out of my budget. ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back