Do you accept credit cards?

Some folks (like me) never carry cash and others like the convenience.
I always carry some cash (i.e., currency) with me just in case. I don't trust the plastic. I have had more than one experience where the purchase was not approved through no fault of mine. In one incident the merchant called the cops who threatened to arrest me for petit theft unless I came up with the cash.

I've only ran into two situations where the merchant would not accept currency. And in all my life I've only found one vending machine that took plastic.

I don't see how plastic is convenient. The extra bookkeeping involved is a PITA.

I only shoot weddings, but do not take credit cards. Never been a problem.

I've only ran into two situations where the merchant would not accept currency.

In the US, when currency is refused, your debt is considered paid.

I don't see how plastic is convenient. The extra bookkeeping involved is a PITA.

What bookkeeping? A single statement each month as opposed to scores of receipts for cash... and a place to store and keep track of?

-Pete

I accept credit cards using my iPhone. The plan I have through Authorize.net is a great rate. It cost me $25 a month plus 1-4% on each transaction, but it's already way more than paid for itself.

Check out: iPhone / iPod touch apps - innerfence

If you go with their service, even if you don't use an iPhone, it's still a good rate and they'll give you a $50 iTunes gift card.

I would definately accept credit and debit cards, either way you get your money because the CC company or Bank will pay you even if the customer is unable to pay his CC bill right? They get the money from him/her.

Other than that it's just nice for the customer to have this as a payment option.

Most reactions

Back