Do you display your work?

Do you display your work at home and/or somewhere other than your studio?

• Total voters
I have a good portion of a couple walls with large prints and canvas and metalwork etc. in my den, some becaue I wanted to see how they looked printed large. and also to show clients when they come to the house.

I have several of my landscapes hanging here and there.

At home, I have a few large galley wrapped canvas prints. Just got two new ones this week. I'll put them up as soon as I'm done renovating. At work, I've got a set of 4 16x20 framed prints. I like the photos, but more than that, they are of my favorite locations in the Rocky Mountains, and so they are meaningful to me.

I have given plenty of photos as gifts, so they hang at friends & families houses. I've sold some so they're hanging somewhere.

I'm only now feeling like I have taken photographs worth printing. I just need to get some time to work on it. Then I'm going to see about mailing some prints out as Christmas gifts to the family.

I'm only now feeling like I have taken photographs worth printing. I just need to get some time to work on it. Then I'm going to see about mailing some prints out as Christmas gifts to the family.

I'm in the same boat...maybe I'll make a calender or something and give it as gifts

For those of you thinking of giving photos as gifts....I'd really suggest framing them, or getting them printed in some ready-to-hang format. A photo is just a photo but when it's ready to go onto the wall, it's a lot more impressive.

Nope. I have a couple photo books actually but nothing hanging up here at the moment. There might be a few up at friends' houses since a few of them wanted prints. We don't live in the same town anymore so I just emailed them the files.

I know next to nothing about printing right now. I'd like to learn at some point...

I print a couple of pictures to put up in local businesses. Other then that I don't do any personal prints for my house.

Currently, I don't have anything posted here at home, but we're working on making a wall of our best work, which we would change out as new things become available. That space is currently occupied by a painting made by a turtle. No, really, a turtle, as in a small reptile that lives in a shell. That wall, however, is basically why my wife and I do this-for our own reasons.

Last edited:
Currently, I don't have anything posted here at home, but we're working on making a wall of our best work, which we would change out as new things become available. That space is currently occupied by a painting made by a turtle. No, really, a turtle, as in a small reptile that lives in a shell. That wall, however, is basically why my wife and I do this-for our own reasons.

Oh, you have to post a picture of it! How awesome is a painting made by a turtle?? :)

I've been printing a lot less than I used to, but larger too, lol.

20x20 is starting to look kind of small. 30x30 is very noticeably larger than 20x20 too, I think that will be a good size for me to settle on.

I have very few pictures on my walls right now. I initially planned on getting one a month, but I'm having a hard time taking one picture good enough to print that large per month. :lol:

Didn't vote. I print all the time. Hang up very little. If it gets printed it goes in a portfolio.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back