zombiesniper

Furtographer Extraordinaire!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.trevorbaldwin.space
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I bought a small CNC laser table not too long ago.

My first project was just to make sure I could cut and etch so I made a map of our area.

OVP by Trevor Baldwin, on Flickr

Then I decided I didn't like my free time and wanted a bit more of a challenge so 7 hours burn time and a case of beer later a 6 layer mandala started to appear.
It still needs some clean up and gluing together.

6layer mandala by Trevor Baldwin, on Flickr

I have wanted one for awhile now, but after reading your post, I'm glad I haven't done it yet. Last thing I need is another way to spend my time. LOL

Oh, i need one of those. Maybe I can talk my boss into getting one for mapping.

So I bought a small CNC laser table not too long ago.

My first project was just to make sure I could cut and etch so I made a map of our area.

OVP by Trevor Baldwin, on Flickr

Then I decided I didn't like my free time and wanted a bit more of a challenge so 7 hours burn time and a case of beer later a 6 layer mandala started to appear.
It still needs some clean up and gluing together.

6layer mandala by Trevor Baldwin, on Flickr
That's beautiful work!

A good use of your free time, IMO. ;)

Nice! As a mechanical engineer who's apprenticeship was in fabrication I love this kind of stuff. I'm pretty adept at milling, turning, grinding, hand fitting and those traditional skills. I also spent a lot of time with some (nowadays basic) CNC machines.

It's amazing to see what's now possible to manufacture, let alone what's possible to do at home! Fantastic stuff!

Yes, that mandala is beautiful.

Thank you.

Yes it is. So much easier than when I had to make half the parts to create a machine before.

Yeah, yeah, amazing, now lets see you hand cut it on a jig saw, with your remaining years if you really want to spend some quality time. :chuncky::chuncky::chuncky:

Most reactions

Back