Do you ever use full auto, creative auto, effect, or any preset setting?

I hardly use full auto, creative auto, effects, or any preset on my dslr. Just curious, what about you?

Hmm.. now that I think about it a bit, nope. Spend the vast majority of my time in A, aperture priority mode. For some things I switch to S, shutter priority, and for some stuff it's M - manual. Those are really the only three settings I use.

when I first bought my d7000 I did. I used all the built in creative settings. Then I learned Aperture priority and manual. I haven't used them much at all since.

I heard if you shoot in anything other than manual you are a poopie head face.

Not usually, I'm mostly in manual but I'll use Av or Tv sometimes depending on what I'm looking for. Quite often I'll set up some custom modes or if I'm just setting up a quick snapshot I'll just use P or Auto.

Av or Tv sometimes. Why let the camera make all the decisions? If you want the camera to make all the decisions, shoot with an iPhone :D.

Mostly aperture priority or manual, depending.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M (manual). I went from using all auto everything straight to M back in 2008 if I remember correctly. I think I've used A, S or P less than 5 times since then... I'm not sure why, I just got used to it and now it's the most comfortable thing to do.

... although sometimes if I'm lazy and just taking snapshots I'll use auto or sport. That's comfortable, too. :)

Last edited:
Not on purpose. I did mess around with some of the picture presets for S&Gs. Most of those are just for people who don't know how to edit.

As far as modes, well depends on the situation. If I have time to fart around with each shot I will do manual. If I have a particular dof in mind I will use aperture mode. If stopping motion I will use shutter priority.

Using only manual mode doesn't mean anything and doesn't make you a professional. A true professional knows when to take advantage if everything your camera has to offer.

Every time I shoot with my iPhone, I let 'er rip in full auto mode. Makes me feel like a Rebel user.

Most reactions

Back