Do you feel like an adult?

Scott WRG Editor

King of Smoothness
Reaction score
Website
www.warbirdsresourcegroup.org
Do you feel like an adult? I'm 35 and most of the time I feel like a moron. I mean I'm responsible so it's not like I'm immature but I look at other people my age and they seem to have it together. I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up :) I know I'm socially retarded but I don't know if that its. I was engaged once and I thought that was an "adult" thing to do (unfortunately my fiance thought her ex-boyfriend was the thing to do) but other than that I don't have a clue as to what being an adult is, I feel like I'm 17 and goofy half the time.

Can anybody relate or am I a lone socially retarded moron?

You're no different than the rest of us............ Go to a yuppy bar on a Friday after work. Go see for yourself just how well some of these people "Have it together". Life is life no matter what color you paint it. It's all the same in the middle.

I don't feel like an adult either. Sometimes I feel like I'm just playing make believe at work all day, like I'm actually an adult with real responsibilities. I am 33 and when my mom was my age she had three children under the age of 10. I absolutely cannot fathom that. And it's certainly not any sort of immaturity, I own a home, I'm fiscally responsible, I'm not out living the high life every night. It's really hard to describe or to imagine what it would feel like to feel like an adult. I'm kinda come to believe that everyone must feel this way.

Nope! I am 25, have 2 children, work full time, own a photo business and go to school. I still don't feel like an adult :)

Wow Scott , I so relate to what you just posted !

Time and time again I stop and think " I feel mentally stuck at 15 or thereabouts ....I guess I should start 'actin my age' ...." :lol:
But then I shrug it off and just continue on , sometimes doin 'kid things'.

I think , if you ever lose that 'childlike spark ' and start feelin ' grown up ' then you're taking yourself , and life , wayyyyyy to seriously.
If that happens then ya need to kick back and go swing on some swings or the monkey bars for a little while , until ya loosen up a lil ;) :lol:

Man , childhood has that certain magic , our minds were open to a hella lot more back then ( I believe ) .... theres gotta be a key or two there that opens the ' This is how to really live life ' treasure box :sillysmi:

I feel young at heart and I try not to think about my actual age. If I think about it I end up depressed because I still don't know what I want to do with my life, and because I'm single. And to top it off, I hate getting together with all (4) of my siblings at the same time because 3 of them are married and even the other one is in a long-term relationship.

I'm depressed now, just think about it. :cry:

Yes, unfortunately.

People say I've matured. Many people don't even recognize me anymore, which is very odd, especially since it's people that should recognize me, and are like 'no way!' when I say who I am. Then again it is fun to talk to someone you know and toy with them.. ;)

I'm evil.

if you guys know anything about me...then you know the answer to this question....

im NEVER growing up.

md

MDowdey said:
if you guys know anything about me...then you know the answer to this question....

im NEVER growing up.

md

I sure hope you don't. You wouldn't be the same if you acted all 'grown up' and stuff. :)

core_17 said:
MDowdey said:

im NEVER growing up.

md

I sure hope you don't. You wouldn't be the same if you acted all 'grown up' and stuff. :)

haha...i sure pay bills like a damn grown up though..but i will NEVER EVER EVER GROW UP. that is why i will be a scary dad...that and teaching my kids all the homemade explsives knowledge that was taught to me. :shock:

md

Scott WRG Editor said:
MDowdey said:
that and teaching my kids all the homemade explsives knowledge that was taught to me. :shock:

md

There is no problem that cannot be solved with a suitable application of high explosives :twisted:

no argument too big for a homemade pipebomb...

md

Most reactions

Back