Do you feel like an adult?

Scott, dont you have some kick ass job that sent you to the little league world series?
seems pretty grown up to me :p

im 19 and feel tooooooo old :(

hummmmm.........i hardly relate to the words "growing up".....
yesterday someone told me " you're growing up" just because's i decide to take off the smashing pumpkins poster I have next to my stereo...lolololol
i didnt thought it was funny!!! :evil: :evil:

hehehehe :lol: :lol:

I dont really think about it...u know.....

That post just made so much sense to me. I'm always saying I don't know what I want to do when I grow up, and then nice people around me like to remind me that I'm 24 and already grown up. Grah!

I still feel like a 17 year old, and I choose to remain that way, thank you very much!

I've been feeling much more adult the past year or two. Gone through a lot of 'aging' experiences--trying to start a family...losing our first child...getting pregnant again...now the impending birth...starting to plan for my parents' care as they get older...etc.

I still feel young at heart for the most part, but there are times when everything just kind of settles in on my shoulders. I have regrets, many that don't seem like that big of a deal, but when it's your life and you realize that you missed out on things when you were young and now can never go back...or when you go back to your college for a football game and realize that now you are one of those alumni who just comes back for a couple football games a year.

But then I stop to realize that if I were a professional athlete, I'd still be in the prime of my career, so I feel okay. :D

I've been feeling like that ever since I left high school nearly 4 years ago... I'm 21 now and I was 18 at the time. I didn't know what I wanted to do with my life so I started doing a business course at uni. That turned out to be waaaay to serious and I didn't enjoy it at all so I dropped out of that. I then moved on to do multimedia at another uni... I'm completing that course this year, but again i'm struggling to find any sensible target for when I leave uni. I don't know what job I want. Also I haven't had a long term relationship for years. I just can't seem to grow up even if I wanted to.

You college grads might not get this but maybe high school grads might. For several years after high school, around May, I would get this feeling that summer vacation was coming only to be filled with dreadful horror that I was working and didn't get summers off. Sort of like a misguided biological clock. Anybody else felt that?

I'm 35 and have 4 kids, a husband & a business and I still don't feel like an adult. Closest I ever get to feeling like one is by looking at my kids. Makes me wonder how I got old enough to have had them. I actually do more things now than I did when I was a kid. Were did time go? :shock:

Scott WRG Editor said:
You college grads might not get this but maybe high school grads might. For several years after high school, around May, I would get this feeling that summer vacation was coming only to be filled with dreadful horror that I was working and didn't get summers off. Sort of like a misguided biological clock. Anybody else felt that?

Yeah, my bf got most of the summer off from school and work. I was so jealous.

Scott WRG Editor said:

No idea what you're talking about, Scott ol' buddy.

(It's good to be a teacher and what I call "semi-retired" all the time. :D )

hmm you see... in some cases I really feel like an adult although I'm only 18... I hade to make up some very serious decisions about my life and... I think I made a good choice.

BUT. :) lol in most time I feel like a kid :) Stupid jokes or text make me feel good :) And I like it:) I don't want to be dead of seriousness :)

Scott WRG Editor said:

I thought that was just me :shock: This summer sucked because I was working AND taking classes for my degree. BUMMER.

I'm with Mentos... I've felt like an adult since the age of 17 when I had to take care of my sister and work while finishing high school when my mom got sick with cancer. And now I've been working pretty much full time while and taking a full load of classes every semester, sometime I wonder where my "golden" years went. But then there are other times when I am like a kid again, especially being in college still and doing the things that all college kids do, all those crazy things you wanted to do in highschool but your parents wouldn't let you. So I think I'm at a not so happy medium... Its kinda cool to be supporting myself because my money is just that, mine and I've learned a lot about myself and time management and all that good stuff, but then again, it would have been nice to not work in college and concentrate on gettting my degree and stuff like that.

Anyways I'll stop ranting now, just started typing and it came pouring out...

Zach

Most reactions

New Topics

Back