Do you have a hard time deleting photos?

Conner41

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Are there others out there, just like me who have trouble deleting photos? I swear I've become a pack rat of photos!

"Hi my name is Conner, and I'm a photo pack rat"!!! :lmao:

Yes I hbe an extremely hard tim deleting photos. If it has anything my my daughter or wife or cars...or anything, it says haha. I try to delete the horrible ones like bad focus and such. But I'm with ya Conner.

I don't delete things often. Unless they're SO overexposed they're white... or so underexposed they're black. Other candidates for deletion include: extreme blur or camera shake.

Other than that, they may never see the light of *day*... but I don't *delete* them.

What I have issues with is deciding on what is good enough to *process*. But I find that after I've made the "final cut" and selected the photos I'm going to process... that number STILL gets cut down because the longer I sit to process them, the more tired of editing the set I get, so I have an easier time getting rid of ones I was on the fence about before, just so I dont have to edit them. :lol:

im the same way i will pretty much only delete the really horrible ones. really bad focus blurry uderexposed etc.

i always go thru mine. make a "to be edited" folder, and an " edited" folder and then go from there. and im even so bad is i copy the photo from the "main" folder to the "to be edited" folder so now i have a copy lol

I don't delete things often. Unless they're SO overexposed they're white... or so underexposed they're black. Other candidates for deletion include: extreme blur or camera shake.

Other than that, they may never see the light of *day*... but I don't *delete* them.

What I have issues with is deciding on what is good enough to *process*. But I find that after I've made the "final cut" and selected the photos I'm going to process... that number STILL gets cut down because the longer I sit to process them, the more tired of editing the set I get, so I have an easier time getting rid of ones I was on the fence about before, just so I dont have to edit them. :lol:

Same here... I've got several hard drives full of useless pics. Mostly because I'm too lazy to go through them and purge.

However... I have opened a folder of photos I've forgotten about or overlooked, and found some gems! And that just makes it harder to delete things :S

Same here... I've got several hard drives full of useless pics. Mostly because I'm too lazy to go through them and purge.

However... I have opened a folder of photos I've forgotten about or overlooked, and found some gems! And that just makes it harder to delete things :S

How long you been shooting?

^^ Same here! I've got piles of pictures that no one else will probably ever see :lol:

How long you been shooting?

I have "pictures" from 2003... Taken with a 2MP camera, lol. Not too many of those. But then I got into photography and photoshoping, upgraded my camera twice... And voila. A couple terabytes of photos :)

No... I leave them for a while but will go through them and decide if its worth keeping or not then delete

^
I do the same. Generally I keep things around for a week or two editing at will. Anything I deem not worth editing gets tossed.

Anything that I don't think I can fix, gets deleted immeadiately ! I will save the others for awhile and go through them later with an open mind and delete a few more. I will take maybe 1500 to 2000 shots on a 10 day trip so a lot of them are repeats or different views or bracketing shots and out of that many I'll probably save 150/200.

No, not anymore. Gut reaction works wonders.

I am with you too Conner! I may need to be part of support group. Thank goodness I shoot digital now or I would become overrun with pictures and end up on Hoarders...

I have a ton of old point and shoot shots from my early days traveling the world. I refuse to lose those, but am willing to weed through the keepers and less than ideal current day shots.

Most reactions

Back