Do You Have A "Professional" Camera?

Status
Not open for further replies.
DocFrankenstein said:
BTW: I took the liberty of looking through your "photojournalist" photos and they honestly suck. No concept of composition, no impact... you don't even get close enough to the subject most of the time.

Feel free to prove me wrong by posting kickass pics of that family in the park.

DAMN BRO!

(Please dont look at any of my stuf then) hehehe

ksmattfish said:
For some reason I just can't let this thread drop...

I've thought up a new accessory that I'm going to start marketing. It's a chunk of wood approx 1.5" x 2" x 5". I'll round off the corners, paint it black, and put "Professional" (or Canon) in big white letters. It attaches to the bottom of a camera with a 1/4" tripod mount simulating that cool battery grip look (my 20D has the battery grip, so I'm being a hypocrit here :) ), and turns any dorky camera (like a Hassy) into a sweet, pro model.
Cheaper and easier to use a carton of some kind - I use a shoebox with a yoghurt tub taped to the front so people think I'm doing LF. Just remember to crayon a suitably impressive name on it (you should see my Hasselblad 35mm....)

And I make my tripods out of cheese straws - sturdy, cheap and nutritious!
(Not too good in the rain though so I'm working on a wet weather version.
I'm also developing the first edible camera so I can take pictures of the wedding and supply the buffet.
How's that for professional?)

Funny how most people would take hassy over canon anyday (unless they had lenses and that kinda thing) but your not pro unless you shoot canon :)

wonder were they got the idea about that from?

lazarus219 said:
wonder were they got the idea about that from?

TV. Most of the pro photogs people see on TV are paparazzi, sports, news, or wildlife photographers using high dollar 35mm and digital gear. They don't see wedding and portrait photographers. And Hasselblad doesn't have TV ads.

Hertz van Rental said:
Pah! Kids toys. You want to go for a serious pro camera like a twin lens Laundromat.

No thanks. On second thought, I've already got a Holga with a "professional" label on it just like Terri's. :lmao:

Hertz van Rental said:
You want to go for a serious pro camera like a twin lens Laundromat.

Something like this? (look at the bottom of the page)

http://www.petergowland.com/camera/

The bigger the camera is, of course, the more "professional" it is. ;)

I've seen his stuff before - and I'm tempted to buy one. Be great for those candid snaps at parties.
Whipping one of those babies out of your camera bag for a quick tourist shot would certainly impress.

Do you think they come with a surgical support?

That has to be the grossest thing I've ever seen...I don't even know what to say about that.........and the he/she at the bottom is pretty disgusting too. :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back