Do you like this idea or find it just plain creepy?

Eveamlizya

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I'm retaking my cousin's senior pictures this week (she got them done at her school and hated them) and my Mom had an idea which I think might turn out pretty cool. You see, my cousin's dad, my uncle (my mom's only sibling), died when my cousin was a baby in a jet-skiing accident. I was thinking of going to the cemetery and taking all the decorations off it and getting a new saddle arrangement made with flowers of her school colors and having her sit next to the headstone. What's your opinion on this? Is it a neat idea? Or do you just find it plain creepy...?

In the context of it being a senior photo shoot, yes, I find it a little strange.

Creepy.. VERY!

I don't think it is creepy, just not senior yearbook worthy. I would do it anyways for sentimental reasons. Maybe if it were here sister/brother who didn't get to graduate because of an accident or something.

I don't think it is creepy, just not senior yearbook worthy. I would do it anyways for sentimental reasons. Maybe if it were here sister/brother who didn't get to graduate because of an accident or something.

I agree with this.

It completely depends on your cousin's relationship with her dad. Well, to be correct, her relationship with her idea of her dad.

I assume she has no memory of him as a dad, but perhaps she visits the grave anyways. Maybe her dad's grave is a happy place where she
comes to spend some time with the dad she never knew, to think things through and hope that maybe he's proud of her wherever he is,
if she believes in that kind of thing. Maybe she comes around and talks to him every week. It happens, it's not so odd as all that.

If, and only if, that grave site is a special place for her, this is a great idea. If it's not, then it's not a very good idea at all, it's probably
just going to wig her out.

I've been thinking, are you asking about using this for her yearbook? If no then go for it. I doubt she'll be handing that one out to her friends, but I'm sure her mom would love it.

No, it's definitely not for the yearbook. Around here they only use the ones they take at the school so they're all the same. She likes the idea, but no she doesn't have any memory of him, but our grandparents would appreciate it. We were more thinking about just taking them for sentimental reasons...not really for yearbook or handing out reasons.

Is it a neat idea? Or do you just find it plain creepy...?

Since it was your idea and not the girl's own idea, don't do it.

IOW: YOU'RE the creepy one.

It's not her idea, it's mom's idea.

I hope you followed through with this idea!
I find nothing creepy about it...((said the girl who frequents cemeteries to photograph just because she can)).

I think for herself and for close family members this would be a nice thing. :thumbup:

Creepy? No. It's just a grave.

This sounds like something your sister wants more than anyone else. Perhaps she should sit for the photo next to the grave.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back