Print size for your wall

Ballistics

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
What is the most common size you prefer when you print out your work to hang on your wall?

I usually print 8x10 90% of the time, but it's a bit on the expensive side to frame.

5x7 but I don't frame them i hang them on a wire via clips and remove them as I get ones I like more allmost all my stuff are street shots and I like to change them out as I get better shots.

for the WALL? Wow. Those are really small! And I find both of them to be incredibly cheap to frame.
I just ordered a 20"x60" for behind my sofa with 3 16x20's below it. I don't think I have anything under a 16x20 on my walls.

What is the most common size you prefer when you print out your work to hang on your wall?

I usually print 8x10 90% of the time, but it's a bit on the expensive side to frame.

Have a lot of framed 8x10's on one wall surrounding a framed 16x20. Another wall I have 6 20x30's, mounted on styrene with no frames. I have a mix in other words from 8x10 up..... depends on the wall!

for the WALL? Wow. Those are really small! And I find both of them to be incredibly cheap to frame.
I just ordered a 20"x60" for behind my sofa with 3 16x20's below it. I don't think I have anything under a 16x20 on my walls.

What do you consider cheap? I frame my 8x10s in 11x14 with mats.

Under $50 is cheap and under $25 is one hell of a bargain.

Yikes LOL. Yeah, I have a much lower standard for cheap. Anything over $10 is expensive lol. On black friday I went to Michael's and bought 8 or 9 frames for $70.

Yikes LOL. Yeah, I have a much lower standard for cheap. Anything over $10 is expensive lol. On black friday I went to Michael's and bought 8 or 9 frames for $70.
I am thinking more along the lines of matted and custom framed.
For CHEAP framing you can find some awesome ones under $10 at Michaels/AC Moore, etc.
Michaels has some awesome sales on their custom framing!

Well I recently had a photo blown up to 24x36 and mounted on foamcore. but usually I buy foamcore in large sizes and have my frame shop cut them into smaller sizes for me:11 x 14 typically.... . and then I mount photos on these with spray photo mount leaving a border around the print. foamcore is then stuck to the wall with removable "Commando" removable photo hanging strips

Well, hell! Wal Mart has some basic black frames for under $5!

Well, hell! Wal Mart has some basic black frames for under $5!

The Walmarts near me are very limited in the framing department. They don't even have an isle, just an end cap.

Well that sucks. I thought we had a crappy wal mart and we have one side of a mini aisle for frames!!

Well that sucks. I thought we had a crappy wal mart and we have one side of a mini aisle for frames!!

I'm on Long Island so the Walmarts here are nothing like their inner country affiliates. There's a lot that they don't have compared to the Walmart's near me when I was stationed in PA. I think they were called Super Walmarts.

Most reactions

Back